Prolouge: Morton, the town of Mystery

It was the late autumn, early winter, in a town, apparently caught in time, Morton, oil lamps lit up the stone roads and shops of downtown Morton. Wealthy businessmen settled in the town of Morton creating a small cultural society in the town's center. In the season of fall you'd often hear the clacking of horse hooves along the road and or the slight crunching of the leaves as the town's people walk by. This town has idealistic settings for people coming in for short visits, you'd find hotels, warm food and friendly citizens, but what you might think is the ideal paradise town, has some secrets of it's own.

The town of Morton have had its history of mysterious occurence from murder to abductions. Often time the person you'd say hello to at the tavern, that person would be gone the next day, without a trace of them anywhere. Even the town's people doesn't seem to recall anything of the person or if they ever existed. Numerous accounts of these disappearances were happening in the town of Morton, each person who reported the people missing, were all not native from the town, none of the town's people have ever report a missing person.

The murders were even more gruesome, from slit throats to disembodied heads, the cases were often times left as unsolved because they could never find the killer.

This apparently caught the eye of Mikail Buden, Mikail came from a town neighboring Morton. He was the only one of the to distinguish the missing people. He sounded delusional to the rest of the town. There was something about this town, that Mikail did not like, it made his skin crawl. Mikail was then taken seriously when the heir of the wealthiest family in Morton went missing. The heir was Joshua Aldrich, who was next in line to take control of the Aldrich coporation and manor, the Aldrich family found its fortune when the great-great-great grandfather of Joshua Aldrich struck gold outside of his home, he soon struck into an abandoned gold mine with all of the gold still there, "Horton Death Shaft" was what they called it.

Joshua's disappearance left the town and it's citizens baffled, report was filed by the maid of the Aldrich Manor, the maid felt a slight vacancy in the manor, so she checked every room, including Johsua's. In his office there was an arrow above the fireplace, tied to the arrow was a note written in some unknown language, the best scribe that the town had to offer, couldn't even decode it.