Chapter 4 - Leo (edited)

-edited-

Chiron

^-^Leo's POV^-^

I was sitting on my bed, with various blue prints scattered around me. However, in my hands I was holding a Rubix's cube and trying to figure out how to do it. I'd almost finished one side.

"Hey Leo," I scrambled to hide the Rubix's cube under the papers and grabbed a pencil from my tool belt and pretended to be doing something as one of my siblings walked in.

"Hheeey," I answered pretending to act cool, "Wassup?" I creased my eyebrows as the last word left my mouth. Why did I say that? My sibling, Christopher, looked just as confused as I felt.

"Right... Not a lot, apart from a new camper," I looked up.

"A new camper?" I inquested.

"Yeah, sixteen year old looking, girl, quite pretty," He phased out slightly, "And hot..." He shook his head, "There was something odd: The Satyr who bought her spoke to Mr D in private, seemed pretty nervous about something," I raised my eyebrows about his previous comment at the girl.

"You think she's hot?" I asked. He turned away from the light in the cabin, trying to hide his blushing cheeks, "What dose she look like?" I stood up, knocking the papers off the top of the Rubix's cube.

"You've been trying to do that thing again?" He asked.

I smirked,"Don't change the subject," He picked up the Rubix's cube, twirled it in his hands then dropped it back on my bed.

"Go see for yourself," He answered, "Someone needs to show her round," I considered his idea before saying goodbye to him and heading to the Big House where the new camper was waiting.

When I arrived, I saw the girl leaning against the railings round the decking of the Big House. She was pretty, even from a distance. Slowly, I started to approach her, seeing her features more clearly.

"Repair Boy," Startled, I looked behind me to see Jason smiling slightly to himself.

"Ugh hi," I turned my attention back to the teen while Jason walked forward to stand beside me.

"New camper?" He inquired. I nodded, "Perfect timing: at the start of summer," Again I nodded. I wondered, momentairly, why he was at the Big House but soon had my answer: "I have to do cabin inspections and I need to pick up the paperwork."

We started to walk towards the Big House. I was focused on the new girl and wasn't in the mood for communication which Jason forunatly picked up on. As we drew closer, I glanced at Jason. He seemed curious about the new camper aswell.

"Hello," Jason greeted the new camper. She turned towards us,her eyes even more striking against her sharp features. Glancing sceptically and judgementally at us, she turned back to face towards the rest of camp - away from us - without saying a word.

After exchanaging a glance with Jason, I tried a friendlier approach, "Hola amigo."

Slowly turning her head towards me, she gave me a Seriously? Look.

"I don't speak Spanish," She replied in a monotone voice.

"But you understood me," I smiled, trying to break the uneasy tension. She looked blankly at me, "What's your name?"

"None of your business," I was attracted to her appearance and I knew that no one could be this cold all the time, I just needed to break through her ice like cover.

"That's a wonderfully ungeneric name," This time she didn't even look at me, just let out an exasperated sigh.

Fortunatly, the uneasy tension was broken by the opening of the door to the Big House. A Satyr I'd never met stepped out, followed by Chiron in his wheelchair. The Satyr stepped out of Chiron's way and gave the new demigod an uneasy look. He looked scared of her, like she was dangerous, whereas she was eyeing Chiron with a defended cautious look before finally taking Jason and I in more carefully.

"Hello Jason, Leo," Chiron greeted.

"Hello Chiron, I came to fetch the Cabin inspection sheets," Jason replied.

"Ah yes, in the game room on the table," Chiron replied, his eyes met mine before flickering towards the new girl, "I trust you've met Emis, Leo."

Smiling, I replied, "Yeah, we had a tremendous conversation," She rolled her eyes at me but I swear I saw the hint of a smile in her eyes.

"Good, Leo please show her around," the girl - Emis - looked like she was about to protest against it - which was quite offensive, "No buts, please," Chiron seemed familiar with her, like he knew about her. Jason emerged from the doorway, holding the cabin inspection papers, "Jason, please inform the Hermes Cabin that they will need to have another bed prepared for Emis when you inspect their cabin," Jason nodded, said goodbye and left.

The Satyr - who I was later told was called Sage - disappeared towards the woods, muttering about something impossible. Next, Chiron nodded to Emis and I in farewell after stepping from his wheelchair. I was left with an antisocial new camper who didn't have an ounce of sense of humor on first appearance.

Inhaling, I was about to speak when I noticed an amused expression playing on the face of the new girl. She smiled slyly and shoke her head.

"Please, I know what your thinking," She remarked.

"You do?" I inquired, slightly shocked she'd decided to speak.

"Look, I'm not going into any details about myself but I am highly self defensive for a reason," She made eye contact with me, pausing for a few seconds for any rejections to what she said, "All I'll say is that you seem like a good guy - it's only a quick judement but I've had to do alot of that the past few years - if you don't make me regret thinking that of you I reckon we'll get along."

It toke a few seconds for the gears and levers in my mind to process what she said but I soon smiled at her and agreed.

"Where do you want to start?" I asked. She rolled her eyes and started walking towards the forest.

"What's over here?" She shouted back to me.

"That's the forest," I called in reply, running to catch up with her quick walking pace, and yanked her arm back, "There's monsters in there."

She raised her eyebrow at me and gave me a So what? Look. Sighing, I opened my palm and a little fire ball began to glow in my palm. Glancing sideways, I only saw her looking slightly curious but I could also see a smirk pulling at the corners of her mouth.

"Come on, I'll show you bunker 9."