One Month Later

I miss my family. I miss my friends. And as strange as it sounds I miss school too, I miss the noisy and crowded hallways, and warm water.

One month ago an 9.0 magnitude earthquake hit California and I lost contact with everyone.

I was at school when it happened. I can't really remember anything about that day only that I woke up on the side of the road covered in dust and mud.

I walked to what was left of my house and hoped of not finding any bodies under the walls.

I really hope my family got away on time and got to safe ground where there's enough food and water.

I live inside a mall. Nice, right? So far it's been the same routine -I wake up early and search parts of the mall for food and water and make a small fire because it's winter and there is no electricity.

Water is hard to come, after the earthquake hit the water got contaminated and people began to get sick and died.

I'm not sure how I've survived this far. I'm a teenager with lots of anxiety and I hate being alone.

Sometimes I get so lonely that I start to hallucinate. I feel like I hear people but their voices lead me no where. And I start to cry because I'm scared, I really am.

(A/N: I'll delete this later but please comment what you think, I promise the next chapter will be longer. And also if you're someone who would be able to help check my writing and make it better message me, thanks!)