Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Third Person

The constant fidgeting Rosie was doing with her legs and hands described her nervousness clearly.  She was now sat down with the boys, and Simon who were discussing the plane crash that happened nearly two months ago.  The conversation was describing of who else survived, and how they survived with Rosie for all that time.

It was obvious in all of their eyes that there were no other survivors of the crash besides One Direction --- ironically.  It was also a miracle in Simon's eyes that they have survived for two months on an island with a girl who had no idea about the outside world, only tactics and survival.  The reason he felt that way was because, well, they were One Direction.  A group of guys who goof around, don't listen, and just do everything that they want to do -- with their friends of course.  How were they able to listen to Rosie for two months?  A queston that will never be answered.

"So boys, let us now discuss your tour." Simon said, clapping his hands as he rests his elbows on his desk.  One Direction nodded their heads, wanting to know their plan for their tour that they haven't finished.  "Well, since you guys were missing around the end of August, it means that you don't really have many other destinations to go to.  Also, considering you have your stadium tour in 2014 it puts us in a very confusing place."

"It's October, roughly a week before Halloween.  The Where We Are stadium tour starts in April...I guess we'll figure out something, but it will be confusing."

"Now, Rosie.  About you."  Simon said, taking his attention away from the boys, and averting it all to Rosalie.  "We're now about to discuss your background, you, and the big event that had changed your life a long time ago."

"Okay." Rosie sighed.  "What about it?  Have you found out anything?"

"We were searching a little bit of information from the shipwreck you suffered, and have managed to find out your real identity of who you truly are because of it.  If you want to know who you are first, please say so.  If you want to know the details about most things with the shipwreck, please say so.  Either one will be fine."

"Can I know about the shipwreck first?  I want to know how old I am." Rosie asked shyly, her eyes looking at her entwined fingers that were on her lap.  "I remember that I was seven when it happened, but I can't remember anything else.  Only some things, but most of it is just a blur."

"Well, the shipwreck happened in 2001, and it is currently 2013.  Since you were seven years old when that all happened, that would most likely make you eighteen years old.  You could still be seventeen though, depending on when your birthday is.  Most people have died on the ship.  It was a total of one thousand people.  There were only a few lucky survivors, and you happened to be one of them.  Though, since you were never found they marked you as dead only a few number of years ago."

"So I'm eighteen years old?  I've been gone for eleven years.  I have wasted and lived half of my life on a filthy island fending for myself and starving to death." Rosie cried breathlessly, the tears already streaming down her face.  "Who am I, Simon?  Where are my parents?  Did my mother survive at all?!"

Simon looked down, not uttering a single word.  Rosie knew that meant that none of her parents survived, which made her cry even more.  She sobbed and sobbed until she couldn't no more, wanting comfort desperately.  She was then suddenly pulled into Harry's lap, her head now resting on his shoulder.  Rosie's arms were strongly squeezing Harry, hugging him tightly.  She loved the feeling of hugging him.  She felt comfort, she felt as if she was cared; loved.  Despite the fact that her parents have died, at least she now had new friends that were kind enough to help her.

She pulled back from Harry, and then rested her head on his chest.  Rosalie sniffed, then looked at Simon with tired, weary eyes, but they also had a hint of curiousness to them.  "Who am I?"  She asked, wanting to know her true identity and her real name.  Who is she, anyway?

"Kayla Sullivan, that is your real name.  Apparently your parents had very high-paying jobs.  The ship you were on was a ship that was sailing to Italy.  We've also researched your parents, Andrew and Emma.  The reason why you have boarded that ship was because it was a gift from their boss as a congratulations to their promotion."

Rosie -- or, Kayla nodded her head, very relieved that she had finally gotten things explained for her.  With the eleven years she has been stranded, she was constantly wondering non-stop of who she was, and everything else connected to that one question.  She was dumbstruck, though, still confused about her name.  "Since I'm used to Rosie already, can I just keep it at that now?"

"If that's what you wish." Simon replied to her.  "Though there is another thing we need to discuss.  It's what we are going to do with you.  So, since we now know your background information, how about we talk about some blood-living relatives that you have in the world?" He raised his eyebrow with a smile.

"So, you currently have an uncle living in Miami, Florida.  That's all the way across the Atlantic Ocean.  We have already contacted him for you, so that's all covered.  So now, about the real discussion I wanted to talk about.  We can't have you living with the boys as that will put some talk with the paparazzi and some other people.  Management and I have decided to give you to your uncle to be taken cared of until you're ready to start your life with civilization on your own."

"I have an uncle?  A real, blood-relative of mine?" Rosie asked, eyebrows raised.  Simon nodded his head, but Rosalie shook her head, "I don't want to go.  I want to stay here.  Please, make that happen!  I like it here, I have my friends now.  Going to another place that is across the ocean it's --- I can't do it!"

"I'm sorry Rosie, but you need to be taken care of.  Plus, once the boys go back and get everything settled with their fans, tour, and the media, you won't have anyone to be with that can help you.  Maybe Harry's --- wait no, but Louis' and Zayn's girlfriends could but they are also busy too.  So the only choice is for you to go with your uncle to live in Florida for a while."

"Fine, okay.  I'll go to Miami, Florida --- wherever that place is, and live with my uncle."

"Good.  Now, this is the end of the meeting that I have called you all in for.  Rosie, you have two weeks, then your uncle will be flying in from Florida to take you home."