Chapter Thirteen (AT LAST)

Chapter Thirteen

FIRST OF ALL--

I am so so so so so so sorry that I haven't updated in such a long time!! I've been super busy with school stuff and it's one of those times you just feel so in the dumps you can't even get out of bed some days. Anyway, quick note: I do not go to Oxford University. In fact, I don't go to university at all, I'm in high school. So I am making up basically everything about Oxford. If you do know anything at all about the place then inbox me :) But please don't get mad about 'lies about Oxford' because I honestly don't know anything about it and my research hasn't helped at all. So yeah, I've made up that they have semis on campus and such - it's probably not true. But please bear with me :) This chapter is horrid, I feel bad. I'll try to update more often from now xx

P.S. Not much Jyles at the moment. It's mainly London and Harry's separate lives.

P.P.S. We have the appearance of some Ceannators in this chapter ;) It's not like 'best comes in first', I put your names in a randomizer and did whatever order the randomizer told me to :D Keep an eye out for your name in future chapters!

London's POV

"They're all the same, Sydney."

"Yeah, but their names are different..."

"That doesn't mean they're different in any other way!"

"But London..."

"Sydney!" I grab her shoulders and face her, my lips pressed tightly together to try and stop the laughter bubbling up in my throat. "Pull yourself together. It's just the name of a semi, for goodness' sake. It's not a life-or-death situation."

"London? Sydney?"

My eyes widen at the familiar voice and I whirl around, pulling Fifi into a hug. "Hey! How are you? You made it?!"

"Yeah, and you?" she beams at us.

"Full scholarships," Sydney says proudly. "I can't believe you did it! I can't believe all three of us are in Oxford!"

"Are you thinking of getting this semi?" Fifi asks with a grin. "Because I'm staying in the one attached, Mockingbird. I'm with two girls called Helen and Connie, apparently. I haven't met them yet, but I hope they're nice..."

"Sydney, no argument. We are getting this semi." I give her the sternest look I can manage, pointing at Peregrine Semi. "Think about it! Fifi will only be a wall away!"

Sydney chews on her bottom lip, deep in thought, before coming to a conclusion: "Okay, fine. You're just lucky I like peregrine falcons. We'll get it." She snorts in amusement as I start jumping up and down, grabbing her wrists and whirling her around. I've been acting overly happy and easily excitable lately, possibly because of the nerves of going to university but more likely to take my mind off him. Harry.

And yet, like now, my mind always seems to drift back to him.

It's irritating because I know the correct thing to do would be to continue to hate him, for betraying me and dating Chloe, for hurting me, for lulling me into a false sense of security before letting me fall to the ground and crash and burn. Truth be told, it's partly my fault for trusting someone so easily - again - but what can I say? When there's no one else, you just need anyone within your reach to be there for you, no matter who it is.

"Hey, London?" Fifi interrupts my thoughts, chewing on her bottom lip. "I know you probably want to come to university and just relax and not think about the past, but... if you don't mind me asking... I'm a fan of One Direction as much as the next teenage girl, and all I know about you and Harry are the rumours, so..."