Prologue

Jack silently made his way to the back of the bar. There he waited for The Black Shadow. Oh yes, he was about to gain another member for his ship. And that would make this his 60th replacement for a first mate. It seemed like all of his first mates were always eaten and thrown overboard. Oh well. It had been their own faults for displeasing Jack. Oh but he had good thoughts about the girl he was about to recruit. She was The Black Shadow's daughter after all. He bet she was a great pirate. When he approached the concealed table he could see bright green eyes and yellow teeth in the dimmed light. No one ever saw The Black Shadow's appearance but his eyes and teeth. Hence the name The Black Shadow. A young girl was sitting down next to her father, her head bowed.

"Covington, sit"a cool voice hissed from the yellow teeth. Jack Covington sat down obediently. A bottle of rum appeared before him and Jack eagerly took the drink.

"Addison is to be trained fully in one year by you. She has a lot to learn. Don't fail me or this will be you last mission. And once she has completed her training you must report back to me"he hissed.

"I will not fail you, my master"Jack said and for the first time he met the fair maiden's gaze.