-Chapter 17- Adventure (Part 3)

Chapter 17- Adventure (Part 3)

Violet's POV:

I play with my fingers as I stare at the door Zayn went in minutes ago. Finally, the door opens and I see him coming closer, head pointed to the ground.

“Did you get an answer?” I ask, worried. He shakes his head.

“No. Liam nor Harry answered their phones. I’ve tried multiple times.”

“Have you called the others?”

“I couldn’t. A call came in and I had to give the phone back. I did leave a message saying that we’ll meet them at the Apple store in 10.”

Sighing, I stand up, reaching into my bag and grabbing a handful of gummy bears.

“You still eat those?” After I swallow the bit in my mouth, I stick my tongue out at him childishly. Zayn starts chuckling and shaking his head at me.

“Judge me all you want, I need these,” I explain as I pop another in my mouth. In response, he rolls his eyes, beginning to walk out the door. I follow.

As we arrive at the store, I notice the crowd has lessened, making me let out a breath of relief. Zayn notices and clutches my hand a bit harder. I look up at him in confusion.

“So we don’t get lost.” I nod in understanding.

The first thing we do is walk to the front desk where a very smiley worker awaits. Zayn asks her if she’s seen one of the boys come in and she shakes her head, saying if she does she’ll ring us on the megaphone. Zayn walks off, thanking her first.

“I guess now we can have a proper look around,” I say.

We take a look around, mostly in the phone section seeing that both of our phones were destroyed. After some discussion, we both decide to get matching phones. As I was about to pick out a case, an employee comes over and informs us about the discount they’re doing.

“Buy one get another for half off,” he explains. “But you can only pick from those ones over there.” Turning my head to where he’s pointing, I see a small crowd gathered around two racks. Walking over to the sale racks, I look over my shoulder to see Zayn talking to that guy. The employee whispers something in Zayn’s ear that makes him blush, his eyes wide. I laugh at his embarrassment before scanning over the choices we have. I hear Zayn coming closer, mumbling something to himself.

“What did he say to you?” I ask. He looks up at me and the blush returns to his cheeks.

“Nothing important,” he lies, making me roll my eyes. He starts looking, showing me one once in awhile. I disapproved all of them. Walking to the other rack, I start all over again. Soon, my eyes land on two that are very amusing, causing me to laugh.

“Zayn! Come over here!” I exclaim, still giggly. Picking up the ones that caught my eye, I show him them. “How about it?” Zayn tries to hold in his laugh.

“Really?” He smiles.

“Aw come on! It’s so cute!”

They both had a cartoon penguin on them but the difference was that one had a bow tie and the other and a bikini. Kind of like of ‘his and hers’ case.

“We’re not dating,” he tells me.

“And? Think of it like a friendship bracelet. Plus it’s just plain adorable,” I argue, a grin unable to leave my lips.

“Fine. But I get the one in the bikini,” he states, pulling the girly one out of my hand. I couldn’t help burst into laughter.

“Deal,” I breathed, clutching my aching stomach.