Chapter 5: Surprise! (part 2)

Nikki- 

Fresh off the plane, Nikki made her way to her rental car. Destination? His house. John's house. Replaying the last time they saw each other in her mind, she took a second and smiled to herself. It'd been so long, and she missed her superman so. It seemed as the days went by she missed him more and more, and now finally she's getting to spend time with him. 

She had on a short, red dress. The one he absolutely loved to see on her. Before she started up the car she checked in her mirror and made sure to apply her red lipstick which complimented what she was wearing so well. Smacking her lips together after adding the final touch she started the engine and made her way to see her superman. 

The closer she got to his house, the faster her heart began to race, she was nervous, but a good nervous, and excited, maybe a little to excited. She then began to turn into his drive way, she gazed at the big gorgeous house. She let out a long sigh, trying to release some of her nervousness, but it wasn't helping. So, she gathered herself together, picked up her clutch and checked herself in the mirror one last time.

She then opened the car door, standing up while straightening out her dress. She took a deep breath in and then let it out, and made her way to the front door, not knowing what was waiting for her inside. As she reached the door, she rang the door bell.

..............................................

Nothing. 

So, she rang it again.

............................................

Nothing, but the she heard footsteps, and her heart began to flutter. 

She saw the door open, but no one inside. She didn't really know what to do at first, but she took a step and walked in. The door shut behind her, and she felt two soft, warm hands cover her eyes and whisper in her ear. "Guess who?" 

She smiled, "Hmmm....I don't know....Clark Kent?" She giggled. 

He chuckled with her and then removed his hands from her eyes, 

"Surprise." He said. 

As she opened her eyes, she saw darkness at first, and then it lit up into a candle lit path. She felt her jaw drop. "Wha-wa-wa what is this?" She then felt him grab her hand and entwine it with hers, as he began to lead the way. 

They walked through a long hallways lit with beautiful scented candle and beautiful red rose pedals where strewn everywhere. She felt like she was in a fairytale, she was in shock. No man had ever done this for her before. Then, after what felt like the longest walk ever, John stopped, and turned to face her. John then wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her passionately. His lips were so soft, and his kisses made the butterflies in her stomach grow larger, she felt like she could just float away. 

"Welcome Home." he said.

The candle light was bright enough to where she could see his smile. She then smiled back, 

"W-" she tried to speak, but John pressed one of his fingers to her lips. 

"Shh...Don't speak. Not yet." he said, while smiling once again, and turning around to turn the door knob. 

As he opened the door, she could see alot more light, lit up by alot more candles. As she walked in she saw a trail of rose pedals around the bed. The aroma was wonderful. She then switched her glance from the floor to the bed, the place in which he had covered in rose pedals. Four candles, two on each bed-stand lit up the area, just enough to wear she could see that he had placed a small table in the middle of the bed, accompanied by two  long-stemmed wine glasses and a bottle of her favorite wine. Then just beyond the table, was a small pillow, with "J + N " woven into it, just like her sister's. She felt her heart swoon, as she looked over to him, standing across the room. He smiled at her 

"Do y-"

Before he could even get his words out, she took a leap of faith...literally. She broke into an all out sprint and leaped into his big, strong, muscular arms. She then planted a long, passionate kiss on his lips. At first she could tell he was shocked, but soon went along with it. She pulled away from him for a split second, and gazed into his big blue eyes. She then began to feel her feet lift from the ground, as he picked her up. She ran her fingers through his hair, and kissed him once again. She put her back on the ground, grabbed him by the jacket on his tux, turned him around and shoved him on the bed. She then softly landed on top of him, kissing him one more time. 

She looked deep into his eyes "You are so amazing. I just can't believe you did all this for me...for me. It's just-" 

He then took her turned her over and said "The night isn't over yet." He gave her a quick wink, and kissed her.

*to be continued.*