The Gift From God (to my mom)

A short story I wrote for my mom as a Mother's Day present.

The Gift From God.

Lindsey's Point Of View***

My mommy is the greatest. You can search all the world, but you'll find no one like my mommy. No one will make you feel more loved or will treat you the way that she has me. She is a gift from God. She is precious, like rare crystals. And rare, so rare. You won't find someone as loving and kind hearted as her. There are millions of mothers out there, but few you can call 'good mothers'. She goes beyond taking care of her children and feeding them, she befriends them and makes them feel like they're not alone, when it seems to them that they are. My mommy is my best friend-- who can say that about their mothers? The love that I feel from her goes far passed from what I can see other 'mothers' give to their children. Her love tells me she'd take a bullet for me. At age 14, she still gives the greatest hugs. My mother's embrace fills me with warmth and strength, making me want to hold on for more. It's like having a battery charged; when you feel so dreadful, her squeeze regains your courage and allows peace to wash over your hurting body. She is the greatest gift from God anyone could imagine. She is amazing. She is beautiful, beyond her own belief. She has the most incredible brown eyes; it's like looking into a pool of liquid chocolate. Whether she's upset, happy, or trying to discipline, her eyes are always caring and loving. My mommy is a blessing from God. She is a rare woman who devotes her life to serving Christ, the greatest gift she's granted to her children. My mommy, the gift from God.