Sisters in arms

The sun was hot on the backs the seemingly happy young couple as they walked along the bank of the Liffey river with their young daughter, toddling slowly beside them, her small hand dwarfed by the mans huge one. Though the passers by did not look beyond the families happy faces, of you had looked closer you may have noticed that the little girls reddish-brown hair did not match her parents fair locks and her shining dark hazel eyes looked almost black against their blue orbs. In fact this combination is genetically impossible; but no one noticed. No one ever notices these things.

Irina and Allan Blackrose tuned sharply into a dark alley, Allan dragging one-year-old Aqua with them.

"Allan, Irina, so good to see you, even though it is under such unpleasant circumstances." A disembodied female voice with a French accent floated out of the blackness.

"Madame Duprez, I couldn't agree more. We are so glad you could meet us on such short notice." Allan replied as a tall olive-skinned lady stepped out of the shadows and walked with a catlike grace until she came to a stop in front of of Allan, Irina and Aqua.

"Are they following you?" Her hazel eyes darted worryingly towards the alleys entrance.

"Yes. We lost them a few streets back but they'll catch up soon enough." Irina shoved Aqua towards Madame Duprez. "You need to take Aqua to the orphanage. Train her up. You can do that can't you?" She asked her desperately.

"Do you have such little faith in my abilities? Is this not my job? Never fear my friends, Aqua will be more than safe with me."

And that was the last time Aqua ever saw her parents. As Madame Duprez pulled her into a sleek, black car with dark tinted windows; gunshots and screams rang out. Aqua and Madame Duprez vpulled away from the sinister alley as Irina and Allan Blackrose, terrorist spies, where killed by government agents.