Shadow of the Night (part 13) ~A Vampire Love Story~

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I know. I hear that a lot."

Boris scanned them and let then through. James led Sara to an elevator and pressed the button for the fifth floor. Sara noticed that the building had six above ground floors and four below ground levels. "What's in the below ground levels?" Sara asked.

"That is where MedCo. Security is."

"Then why are we going up?"

"To meet Dr. Alexandru Moroii."

"The founder of MedCo. Labs?"

"Yes, and very old friend of my father's. ironically, Alexanderu means 'defender of mankind'."

The elevator binged and they stepped onto the fifth floor. "I would have thought that his office is on the top floor."

"It is, but he is always in his lab, on the fifth floor."

James opened a door and Sara stepped through, she felt her jaw drop "Wow." They were in a huge room with a lot of tables, covered in burners, chemicals, flasks and tubes, and papers. The walls were covered in papers, cabinets, shelves, and smart boards. There were smart boards that rolled all over the place, Sara counted fifteen of them. There was a big glass window that had a small office area behind it, there was a computer, printer, fax, phone, a very large bookcase. None of these things were very unusual, but Sara also saw a bed, mini-fridge, and microwave; as if Dr. Moroii slept here on a regular basis.

A tall man with hazel eyes, and dark brown hair stepped out of the office. He was attractive, and his build was slim. Sara recognized him as Alexandru Moroii. He was holding a magazine, a wireless keyboard type of thing with a big rolling ball on one corner and a bunch of other buttons that she had never seen on a keyboard. Dr. Moroii raised the magazine, it was open to an article with a big picture of him "They always get my name wrong, Alexandru not Alexander." He shook his head "You must be Sara. It's very nice to meet you, I knew your father. Good man, good vampire. I miss him dearly, and your mother, beautiful young girl, you look just like her but with your father's eyes." he looked sad "When she went into hiding, I just assumed... I thought that she had been killed and you with her. If I had known... well I heard about you and that boy, I am sorry."

Sara was in shock "You knew my parents?"

"I didn't know that." mumbled James.

Dr. Moroii nodded "I did. I have a picture here, he pressed a button on the keyboard and all of the smart boards held the same picture. It was of two men and two woman in Venice. She recognized Dr. Moroii and his wife, Jessica. His arm was around her and her arms were wrapped around him.

The other man was tall, with an athletic build. He looked to be about twenty-five, with chiseled features, shaggy black hair, and lively violet eyes. The woman had long brown hair, a slim curvy body with amazing hips, and almond shaped green eyes. Cami was on his back with her chin resting on his shoulder, both of them laughing hysterically, as if she had jumped there just before the picture was taken. Sara could feel her eyes stinging. "I'm sorry Dr. Moroii. I don't usually break down like this." she mumbled, as James wrapped an arm around her.

"It is quite reasonable that you would, my dear. And please call me Alex." He cleared his throat. "So James has told me that you would like a job."

Sara nodded "Very much."

"You will have to make the Change first."

"Yah," said James "My mother heard and now..."

"Oww..." said Alex "I am very sorry Sara. Josie doesn't understand that every one has the same love for big parties."