The Girl of Ice and Fire - Oneshot

DAY ONE - SUNDAY

I am lying on a glass table in a lab room.

I roll my eyes at the situation. After spending my teen years in a lab being experimented, I became used to it. After all, I was the one who begged Dr. Schnieder to give me powers.

It took me a while to control them, but once I did, I was unstoppable.

I murdered people. Merciless and without question.

It was part of the deal-he would give me powers and I would help him build his empire. During the course of his reign, I was at the receiving end of countless assassination and kidnapping attempts, which I thwarted with the powers of flight, ice and fire.

Assassination attempts aside, life was blissful-I had way more freedom than the other volunteers had, a luxurious penthouse and a staff of my own. All I had to do was to keep out of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s sight (with the exception for battles), train everyday and kill people who refuse to be interrogated.

Like I said, bliss.

Until he came.

Clint Barton-renowned archer and Avenger. He broke into my bedroom when I was 20 (nothing happened, I swear...besides the bruise on his arm caused by me nearly freezing him all over.) and knocked me down with a tranquilizer dart. He took me to S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, where Fury told me that it was HYDRA agents in S.H.I.E.L.D. suits that killed my parents.

Dr. Schneider lost his life after confirming the accusation.

I became an Avenger, vowing to destroy all of HYDRA's plans. I warmed up to the rest of the Avengers, too, especially to a certain bird-brained archer.

Clinton-Freaking-Barton.

I went ballistic when I realized that I had fallen in love with the archer-and it drove my powers out of control. I was put in a force field cage until I managed to take back the wheel.

The night of that very day, Clint visited me and fucking confessed his love to me.

I remember being frozen for at least fifteen seconds, only to respond with "What?".

I laugh at the memory.

I am pulled out of my trance when Dr. Banner enters the room. He is wearing a pair of beige trousers and a purple shirt-the one that makes him even more handsome than usual. A thick, white lab coat gives him the perfect scientist look.

"Dr. Banner," I greet him. I never call him by his first name-it just doesn't seem right.

"Amelia."

He looks down at the floor and swallows a lump in his throat. Looks at me and seems like he's about to cry.

"Banner? What's wrong?"

"The results came in, and..."

"And?"

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Your powers are getting out of control, Amelia. They're going to consume you from the inside."

I nod. It was bound to happen-I had exactly seven incidents where my powers freaked out and I'm telling you-they were not fun.

"How long do I have to live?"

"Three days and six hours, including this one."

I notice a tiny tear forming on his left eye. I prop myself up and hug him. He hugs back, crying softly.