Prologue

"I didn't think this would happen, Daniel." I cried, "I didn't want any of this."

     Daniel just stood there with a blank look on his face.

"I said I didn't want this Daniel. Can't you hear what I'm trying to say?" I repeated myself, hoping this time I would get an answer.

     A man came in the room and touched Daniel ever so gently on his shoulder. 

"We tried to save her, Mr.Kurr. It was just too late. I'm sorry." A man said, still placing his hand on Daniel's shoulder.

     That's when I noticed my lifeless body laying on the hospital bed. I was already turning blue.

"No. It can't be. This has to be a dream." 

     I then knelt down and touched my hand. My now lifeless hand. It was ice cold.

     My family came in the room. First my mother and youngest sister, Amanda. Then my dad and my brother, John. Brittany finally showed up with her boyfriend. Then my grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, friends of the family, and then finally my closest friends.

     Then the police.

"Mr. Kurr you are under arrest for the murder of Anne Lotherson while driving under the influence. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court." One of the officers announced, gradually putting Daniel into handcuffs.

"No! No stop! Please let him go! It wasn't his fault!" I screamed. 

     But who was I kidding? They couldn't hear me. They couldn't see me. I was dead.