Chapter 1: Omegle

*Clicks on message*

17. Male. Canadian. Bored. Needing someone to talk too.”

I casually think to myself before responding to this stranger. Omegle was fun; it was a social media website to talk to strangers.

“16. Female. American. Brown hair. Blue eyes. Anti-Social.”

Maybe if I told him I was anti-social he would leave me alone, he wasn’t the type I was looking for.

Your just what I’m looking for. ;)”

Damn. Maybe I should say something weird for him to disconnect…or maybe I should just disconnect.

Wanna video chat?” The Canadian boy quickly typed.

“Depends…” I replied.

“I promise I won’t be inappropriate. Please?” The boy begged.

“Whatever.” I replied.

I clicked on the ‘Video Call’ button and patiently waited for his face to appear. Once it did, I was actually shocked. He looked pretty good.

I stared into the webcam, I wasn’t sure of what to say. What could I say? We were complete strangers. Maybe I should tell him my name? Or maybe I should just shut off my computer, and forget this ever happened.

“Aye shawty, my name is Justin.” The young boy said into the laptop speaker.

“Hi! My name is Hayleigh.” I said back.

“Do you live in America?” Justin asked.

“Yeah, I live in Cali.” I said.

“Wow, so do I!” Justin exclaimed.

“I thought you were Canadian?” I asked.

“Yes, but I moved here about two years ago. I live a little bit out of LA.” Justin said.

“So do I…” I said with caution.

“We should totally meet up. How about the ‘Johnson’ park?” Justin asked.

“Right now?” I asked worried.

“Yeah, if that’s fine with you?” Justin said.

“Uhm, sure. I doubt my parents are going to let me meet up with a total stranger though.” I admitted.

“I’m not a stranger baby. You’ve talked to me. Do I seem strange to you?” Justin asked.

“Uh…” I stuttered.

“C’mon, please?” Justin asked.

“Okay, I’ll be there in ten minutes.” I said.

“Meet you there.” Justin said.

I grabbed my neon green hoodie and through it over my head. I also grabbed my set of car keys beside of my laptop on my computer desk. With a final glance in the mirror, I headed outside my bedroom door and down the stairs to where I met my parent’s in the living room.

“Where are you going, Hayleigh?” My mother asked.

“To the park to get some fresh air.” I said.

“Are you going to be back before dinner?” My mom asked.

“Yes, I will be back before dinner.” I said.

I ran outside into the cold October air and got into the front seat of my car. I cranked up the car engine and turned on the radio.

As soon as I arrived at the park, I made sure that I looked decent enough. I climbed out of my car and made sure to lock it, just in case.