My Other Half

POV Rose

      My diamond alarm clock plays a soft moldy; it brings me back to the world awaking me from my dream. The smell of peaches and rose greet me. My window is half open the little wind blows into my room. A maid walks in, with a smile on her face. But I demand her to leave. She bows and leaves quickly. I pull my blanket off of me, exposing me to the freezing wind. I rush to my window and smashing it shut. I look at my long mirror, gold trimming and lace around the edges. My super long chestnut brown hair is up in a high ponytail which goes into a braid. My small nose is pink from the coldness in the room.

I run my fingers over my deep check bones. My bold blue eyes over power my face. My eyes match the color of my walls a baby blue, but my floor is gold. I walk to my closet, it seems like there is millions and millions of clothing, shoes, and accessories. I dance my fingers over my shirt as I walk to the end of the line. But I stop in the middle and pulling out a white shirt, and then I pull out a black long sweatshirt that goes down to my knees. I throw them on and short shorts. I grab a leather purse and a gold necklace with a rose on it.                 

     I pick out a pair of sunglasses out of the millions I have. I slide on a pair of high heals. I throw on make up and I dance my way down stairs. A maid hands me a coffee, the steam tickles my nose. I wave her away, she dashes off and I open the doors to my house, I bounce to my car. Not one mark on it, perfect.

POV Lily

       “Lily get you lazy ass up!” My mother screams, I roll out of bed onto my floor. My blanket smells like dirt and beer, like everything else. Something crashes down stairs my guess is a beer bottle. I rush to get a shirt on, I stop and I look in the cracked mirror. My chestnut brown hair is up in a ponytail. My blue eyes have dark circles around them, making my pale skin even paler. I throw my backpack over my shoulder the bottom is ripping.

      I slide my pants on, I creep down the stair trying not to make mother mad again. She puts her arm in front of me, her blonde hair once beautiful but now filled with bugs. Her skinny body is no match for me but her boyfriend is the reason bruises fill my arms and legs. I bow my head so I don’t have to look at her. Her breath still smells like beer and drugs.

“Did you do the dishes?!” She spits I only nod my head not making any eye contact. She drops her arm and leans back on the wall. The paint is peeling from the walls. She wraps her arms around her small body. A figure appears from the other room, my eyes widen I start to walk to the door only a few feet away. But the figure grabs my neck pulling me back. He turns at me still holding me in place. It’s the monster in every nightmare I have, but the thing is when I wake up its still there waiting for me.

“Rob, let her go I don’t want the cops showing up again.” My mother says he turn to her and drops me I run to the door, running to my freedom until I have to come back.