Enmity Awakened

Enmity Awakened

By D.R. Racey

Copyright 2013 By D.R. Racey

Prologue 

I had always heard that right before you die, that you saw your life flash before your eyes. Since I was only nineteen, I did not have much to flash in front of my eyes, but it was enough to make most people break down and contemplate how good or bad their life had really been. I wonder how many girls had been kicked out of boarding school, beaten by their father, raped by their boyfriend, and murdered in an alley all before they turned nineteen. I guess you could say that most of my short life had truly sucked. This was a fitting end to a shitty childhood. 

***** 

At the tender age of fourteen, Dad sits me down and tells me that there were going to be some changes. It seems there is a good school for teenagers in upstate New York and I was going to get to spend the next four years there. Do not let me mislead you though. Mom and Dad were staying in Queens. Only I was moving. 

So, Dad loads me and a couple suitcases into the car and we head down the road. Mom would have come too, but she had been drinking the night before and could not make the trip. 

Dad drops me off and the headmistress rushes me in to a dormitory and shows me where my room is. I end up going to some initiation meeting later that day in the gymnasium with all the other new kids. They kept telling us about rules and penalties. What we could do and what we couldn't do. I sat there in silence as they rambled on and on with all these rules. By the time we were done, I couldn't give a damn about rules. 

I spent the next two years of my life in that place with four hundred other girls. I mean, I did get to go home for holidays and Queens was my sanctuary during the summer. Not that it mattered though, since my mom and dad were never at home anyway. 

My dad always told me that he sent me there for my own good. He said they could teach me about being a proper woman and how to be successful in the business world. 

It is not as if I was dumb though. I figured it out when I was ten that my mom wasn't punching herself in the face. Did that mean that I wouldn't get my face smashed in by my husband because I was smart? 

Don't get me wrong, I loved my dad. He just wasn't what you would call a "knight in shining armor". Guess it just goes to show that sometimes the money is worth it. I can't blame my mom though. What kind of job could she get after drinking and partying for the past fifteen years? 

Back to those rules I was talking about. I started my junior year at the boarding school and finished it almost as quick. Another girl started a fight with me, on my sixteenth birthday nonetheless. Ok, maybe I started it. Situations like these are always hard to keep track of, but I am still going to say that bitch started it. I was dropping fists like I was a street fighter, and this girl couldn't do anything about it except lay there and take it. 

This teacher who I hated anyway, tries pulling me off of the girl from behind. She had my hair in her hands, so I figured it was another girl trying to help her friend get an upper hand. I turned swinging and some of my hair pulled loose in her hand. My fist slammed into the teacher's face like a sledgehammer hitting a grapefruit and a shower of blood poured out. Her blood covered the floor and sprayed out on top of the girl whose ass I had already beaten. 

I could feel the anger in the headmistresses' eyes when they drug me into her office kicking and screaming. They really do frown on beating another girl's ass then breaking a teacher's nose. I was lucky that she did not suspend me from school. That saving grace of an angel expelled me instead and told my dad never to bring me back on school grounds. Let's just say he wasn't too freaking happy about the entire incident. I was not going to complain about being expelled though. Well, not yet anyways.