Princess of War

Princess of War

Louis Garnet stared at his dead wife’s body. She had died giving birth to a beautiful princess, Princess Sapphire Lapis Lazuli. Her eyes were like sapphires and her skin and hair shades of lapis lazuli. The name was perfect, for a girl so out of the ordinary. She was beyond beautiful, she was an angel of beauty. She would one day out rank every other women. She would not have any competition for men’s hearts.

Sapphire smiled when she heard that the Queen was going to have a baby boy . A baby brother might distract the women from fretting over me! I hate being the center of attention. My inhumanly beauty doesn’t help matters, but maybe a baby brother will help. Father already lets me train with a sword. I may be able to become a warrior under his command. Area can’t complain then.

“Sapphire, the queen is having twins! She gave birth a little while ago. Twins can you believe it!” Louis stammered, to psyche to keep his voice steady. “Come lets go see them! You can help name them even.”

They looked ignescent and cute, but under it all there was power, power that would either choose war or magic. They needed strong names for what they could become.

“Ari and Ignatius, ‘the lion and the fire‘,” Sapphire breathed.

“What ?-did you just say Ari and Ignatius? The lion and the fire?”Area asked. “ Those are ancient names Sapphire. Few use them any more, their so old.”

Ari and Ignatius,” sapphire repeated. “Please, I’ll let you teach me sewing! For once will you accept something so out of the ordinary. I don’t know why but it sounds right.