Chapter 1

~Meadows POV~

"WHERE did he go?!" My friend Whitney said

How come he just disappeared like that? My friend Randy was talking and he just disappeared into thin air. How? What? Why?

"How am I supposed to know?" I said

We looked all around the school. No one had seen him. I was scared from that moment.

My name is Meadow Freeman and until that day my life was pretty normal. I'm 15, I live in Washington D.C., I have a reddish blonde hair and brown eyes with pale skin that has a little tan in it, my hobbies include guitar, singing, drawing, and running track. Ever since that day I barely did any of my hobbies cause I was so scared.

First Randy disappeared, then my brother, then Whitney, then my friend Lissa, then... my parents. Next thing I knew I only had one friend left. My best friend Anexlyn. And it's only a matter of time before she disappears as well.

Everyone was disappearing. All over the world. Celebrities, regular people, rich and poor. They just disappear. No effects, no warnings, they just leave. Once a month one person comes back. And the story is all over the news when they do. When the people who come back get asked where they went, they always say they couldn't remember. But they looked nervous saying it. I don't know if they actually don't remember or they were forced to say that they don't remember, But I'd prefer the second choice.

Every day I wake up thinking "this could be the day I disappear" and I'm always scared because of it.

I'm walking on the street scared out of my mind, of course. When I bump into someone. A man with brown hair and eyes with pale skin. He looked way older than me. 20 to 25 at the most.

"I'm sorry. I was probably too scared to know where I'm going." I say

"Of the people disappearing? Yeah me too." He said

"I'm Meadow." I say

"Six. Nice to meet you." Six said

We shook hands and I knew that my life would change even more of I had him in my life somehow.