Second Chances

• Dedicated to Andrea Pagalan Mrrown

All rights reserved. Distribution of any kind is prohibited without the written consent of the author.

The following is a work of fiction. The events and characters are fictional and the celebrity names/images merely borrowed and do not represent who the celebrity is in real life. No offence is intended towards them, their families or friends.

I Told You So by Carrie Underwood is the reason why I wrote this. I fell in love with the song. You can click the link at the side if you want to listen.

----------------------

I want to see him.

I ran as fast as I could because I want to see him.

The doors on the train closed as I barely made it inside. I find an empty seat, sat and thought in silence.

I was wrong. I shouldn't have left. I shouldn't have left him...

And as the train made its way to my destination I sit back and relax as the memories come back..

"Eunhye? Are you Yoon Eunhye?"

"Uhm.. yes I am. Do you need anything from me sir?"

"Actually, yes I do. I am Michael Lee from Models Inc. Brianna told me about you. She said you were perfect for the project we will be launching."

"Perfect? Me?"

"Yes. You."

I was no one then. Just a simple college girl in university, studying Architecture. Brianna was a transfer student who I happened to have classes with, and since we were both "awkward" we started hanging out together. Yet even though we got along well, we had different personalities.

We were the same, yet we were different.

I was the silent one, she was the loud.

I would always try to blend in, she always stood out.

And yet we were the same.

We were both outcasts. Thrown away by the people who were supposed to love us.

Brianna's mom died when she was 8, 2 years later her father remarried and another 2 years later, her father died. Both deaths from cancer. And since her step-mom didn't like her, and Brianna hated her the same way, her step-mom threw her out of the house with nothing but her clothes, and she has been supporting herself ever since.

I on the other hand never had a family. I had parents. I had siblings. But never a "true family".

I was an orphan. The nuns said I arrived in the orphanage when I was still a baby. I was left at the church of the orphanage still bound in cloth. Cliché but true. No one knew where I came from, and honestly, I didn't want to know. Why bother knowing someone who didn't want me? So I grew up with no one to call as parents, no family to call my own, but with someone I considered special. He was special. He was my family, my brother, my friend, my everything.

And yet I betrayed him...

"Hey Eunie, you've got a hell'a sexy body, and your face is really pretty too..."

Brianna said to me once. We were in the library, just hanging out. It was one of the rare moments we saw each other. She was busy with modeling lately that we didn't have time to see each other.

"hmmm..." was all I could say. I was reading a book, so I wasn't really paying attention.

"You wanna come with me? I have a photoshoot with a famous jeans brand. I can tell my manager to have you model too!"