Misfit

Honestly, no one can say exactly what they mean. And no one can mean exactly what they say. A lot of us don't believe in the impossible, since it is exactly the impossible.
But there is one, a girl, a puppet.
She says exactly what she means and means exactly what she says. She believes in the impossible. She believes she can be saved.

   A simple girl in a not so simple world. By day she looks out the window of the old fallen castle. By night she dances on shattered glass with the butterflies and animals.
    This is all a simple girl like her does in the not so simple world.

    Her name is misfit...this name was given to the one that created her, Adam. He created many dolls but misfit was different, she was simple. She had short black hair and lifeless brown eyes. She had no emotion like the others. She was useless, so Adam left her in an old fallen castle.
  "You'll stay here, every day you'll wait for someone to come and take you, and by night you shall dance near the shattered windows so someone will see if they pass" Adam told her, before leaving and never coming back. Misfit was alone, with only company of butterflies and animals. She did what she was told every night for two years.

   As time past misfit became damaged. She continued to dance at night even though blood stained her feet everyday. She could not feel the pain or any emotion. Her short black hair was no longer short for it fell past her waist. Her once beautiful dress was now tattered. The butterflies and animals no longer kept her company. She was truly alone for one full year.

   After, three years in the castle with no one passing, the doll, misfit stopped staring out the window during the day. Instead she wondered the empty castle. Everything seemed the same. Either fallen apart or abandon. When night fell she went back to dancing, the shattered glass cutting through her pale feet once again. She didn't mind the pain she could not feel it. After a while she heard something...the sound of a gun shot. The noise had made her jump a bit and start to fall out the window. She did not expect to be caught by a young thief. The boys eyes had widen in confusion. Misfit simply stared. The boy shook his head and started to run. He hid in a large bush near the castle as he heard people coming. Misfit was about to say something but the thief put a hand over her mouth. When they were gone he let go of her. Misfit stood up and looked at him. "Who are you?" She questioned. Her voice was lifeless. The thief smirked. "One and only Rafael Harris~! May I ask who you are?" He bowed his head a bit. He wasn't sure how to react to a girl in such poor shape. "Misfit..." She said softly and started to walk to the doors of the castle. The boy followed. "May I ask why you are here" he looked around a bit. "Because my master told me to...by day I wait looking outside for someone to come and rescue me and by night I dance near the shattered windows..." She explained. Rafael smirked "so your the one in the myth...the myth of the curse doll waiting to be saved. You fit the part being emotionless and all" he said. Misfit sighed "doll is correct emotionless...I like to think I have emotion I just haven't found it yet" she explained.

   The thief, Rafael had ended up staying at the castle for a week. He talked to misfit and taught her about the outside world. Slowly misfit learned to feel emotions. She would often smile. She realized the emotion love and that she felt it for the young thief. He was a charming yet small thief with blue eyes and blond hair. Rafael had also grown to love the doll. "So your suppose to be rescued..correct?" He asked. Misfit nodded. "Then I'll rescue you then...we can run off far from here...just you and me" he said with a smirk. Misfit loved the idea of that and agreed.

   They left three days later. Misfit had forgotten that Rafael was wanted dead for his crimes.  They had to run and hide which misfit did not like.

   They soon made it to a different country after a month of running. They lived in a small house together and lived a happy life. Rafael had gotten a job and misfit learned to clean and cook. Everything was simply perfect.

  Years past and Rafael aged while misfit did not. Rafael died at the age of 54 while misfit was still simply 17. Unable to do anything about her loves death she returned to the castle after a year and started to dance with shattered glass.

      ~the end~