Chapter 1

Jacob's POV:

Pain shot through my body as my heart shattered like glass; the shards pierced the inside of my chest as the realization hit me: she chose the blood sucker. After everything I did for her, Bella chose the blood sucker over me. She slipped through my fingers like sand. I was so close. But now she's forgiven him as if nothing ever happened.

She was never mine, she always belonged to him. She will always belong to him. I tried so hard to make myself believe I had a chance. I don't know how I could have been so idiotic.

"I'd love to hear your life story but I have better things to do," an annoyed voice sounded through my head. I had forgotten I wasn't alone.

"Butt out, Leah," I snarled back. She wasn't helping the anger that was pulsing through my veins.

I did my best to ignore her and instead concentrated on my claws digging into the damp forest floor, propelling myself forward. I had to get away, I had to escape. The pain is too much for me to handle, I can't be around the rez or Forks right now. I could go to Canada or something. Everyone is nice in Canada, right? I laughed bitterly to myself.

"I'll let Billy know you won't be back tonight," Sam's voice was low and husky. I could sense his disappointment with what I'm doing, but I don't care.

"Thanks," I replied without much emotion. I don't want to think about what I'm putting Billy through by doing this; I had run away once and it crushed him. This time he didn't even have any warning.

"Emily should have dinner ready, everyone head back to the house," Sam ordered.

No one argued, they knew it was best to leave me alone for now. Leah mentally winced at the word 'guys' but quickly phased into her human form without saying a word. She always got away the moment she had a chance. Paul and Sam phased soon after which then left me and Embry.

"Hey man, I'm sorry," he said sympathetically.

"Yeah, me too," I replied, I wasn't in the mood for sympathies. I was a big boy. I could handle myself. He understood the message behind the words and phased, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Running was my only escape now.

**********

Paige's POV

"Dad! Dad!" I squealed, "Stop!"

He laughed and dumped the rest of the water over my head, drenching what little of me wasn't already wet.

"You're so dead," I growl through clenched teeth. The hose was lying at my feet; I grabbed it, aiming the stream of water at his head. He dodged behind the end of the car, peeking through the windows. He eyed me teasingly as I stalked closer, crouching down. I jumped around the corner, only able to catch his sleeve as he slipped around another corner. I tried to pursue him but the hose stopped short. I groaned, giving one more, halfhearted tug.

"Not fair. I ran out of hose."

"Admit I won then," He called back

"Never!" I laughed

"Okay, we'll just be here all night then," I glared at him as he grinned at me through the windows.

"Fine, you won, your majesty."

"And?"

"And...you're the king of water fights."

"Good," He smiled, pleased, "Now drop the hose and step away." I did as he said and watched him walk around the car. He came closer with an evil glint in his eyes. It took me a second to realize what he was planning, but he grabbed me before I could move and scooped up the hose in one graceful movement. Ice cold water showered down on my head, making me even wetter if it was possible. He finally released me and started to spray the car.