Summers & Winters: Part 1 (Book 1 of the "Summers & Winters Saga")

Summers & Winters Saga #1

by Heather Dowell

Copyright © 2013 by Heather Dowell.

http://heatherdowell.blogspot.com/

This book is a work of fiction. The names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the writer's imagination or have been used fictitiously and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, actual events, locales or organizations is entirely coincidental. All rights are reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission from the author.

Dowell, Heather (2013-02-23). Summers & Winters. (Summers & Winters Saga, #1). Kindle Edition.

Acknowledgments

I would like to thank all of you that have purchased this first book of my Summers & Winters Saga. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I would like to give a special thanks to my friends on the USS Carney DDG-64 that have read my stories and given me positive feedback and in some cases constructive criticism. You all are the reason why I have finally finished my first novel. Thank you for your confidence in my work and in me.

A special thanks to:

“BeBe” Jones for helping me type up a lot of this novel. It may have taken me another year to publish this without you.

Charlie Davis for spending countless hours editing my rough draft.

Argie Sokoli for highlighting the weaknesses in the book and helping me to get rid of the parts of the book that made Heather Winters seem overly cocky. You Rock, Girl. 

Tara Sharland for noticing a time gap in the storyline and brainstorming with me on ways to fix it. You motivated me to add the new chapters and phone conversations between Heather and her mother.

Kim Rinaldi for your helpful suggestions that prompted me to add in some things for the chapter called “Silence” and due to your like of Brent, more chapters where he is present.

Tammy Thompson you are absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, brilliant. I love hearing your suggestions and 99.5% of the time taking them. You take what I’ve written and spice it up. I’m so thankful that you are not afraid to tell me when I’m getting too wordy or when something just doesn’t seem right. This book would not be where it is today without you.

Jennifer Brown-Ramey for all of your feedback on the novel and that keen eye of yours that located missing words.

Apoorva Anapindi for your complete honesty. I’ve gone back and changed a few things so that Heather doesn’t seem so wishy washy and unrelatable.

Amy Edwards and Lisa Weis for beta reading my book and giving me feedback.

Leidy Rivero for making sure all of the Spanish was in the proper dialect.

Jeni Hamilton for your complete honesty and thorough read throughs and suggestions. There is absolutely no way that this book would be as good as it is without you. You made my words sound like a masterpiece. I cannot wait to work with you on the rest of the series.

Cindy for that eagle eye of yours. Seriously, I don’t know how you found some of the things you did. I loved all of your comments and seeing where you laughed of sighed. I really hope that I get to work with you again!

David Mock for always listening to me talk about the book and brainstorming with me. I enjoyed watching you read my stories and listening to you laugh at things I didn’t even think were funny. You inspired me to write more.

Lastly, to my sister Kimberly Huguenard, who made the beautiful cover that must have caught your eye and caused you to want to click on this book.

Thanks again to everyone that has made this book possible and to my family that has always supported and believed in me.

Dedication

To my loving husband, Stephen Dowell, who has shown me what true love really is. I love you.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Chapter 1: Bad News

Chapter 2: Last Night of Fun

Chapter 3: The Goodbye

Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home

Chapter 5: Mustang Sally

Chapter 6: Longest Day, Ever!

Chapter 7: Shopping Spree

Chapter 8: Airport & The Creek

Chapter 9: Silence

Chapter 10: “Are You Just Going to Stand There, or What?”

Chapter 11: First Day of School

Chapter 12: I’m New; Get Over It!

Chapter 13: Alone

Chapter 14: “Tell Me! Tell Me! Tell Me!”

Chapter 15: Mitch’s Surprise

Chapter 16: “You’ve Been Punked!”

Chapter 17: Sydney

Chapter 18: Tryouts

Chapter 19: Christine

Chapter 20: Decision

Chapter 21: “You Like Who?!”

Chapter 22: Kiss Me While You Can

Chapter 23: “Back Off Stacey!”

Chapter 24: Irresistible

Chapter 25: “Hit It!”