Crushed Petals and Hidden Scars Part One

The December breeze blew against her pale skin as she walked down the rows of graves, ice and snow crunching under her boots. She stopped at one in front of a grave and bent down. Her long red hair blew into her face as she placed a rose in front of the grave. "It's been what..." she whispered to the grave, her voice slightly cracking at the thought. "5 years?" The girl gulped down tears, smiling sadly at the grave.

~~5 years ago~~

A girl, the age of 15, ran down the stairs of her house. "DAD! I AM GOING TO SEE DANNY!" She yelled, grabbing her coat and darting outside into the cold. Smiling as the chilly wind tugged at her face, making her face numb. She never knew why but she LOVED that feeling. As she slowed down the wind stopped tearing at her face. Why would she need to run when Danny's house is close by?!

She approached a long metal gate that was in the front of his house. She let herself in, just like she did every Saturday morning. The house looked barren, and to some extend haunted on the outside... but on the INSIDE it was a palace! Walls lined with beautiful paintings, and a grand piano in the living room.... this house is just.... her home from home, although she KNOWS that her father would Never be able to afford something like this. "DANNY!" She yelled looked at the window on the second floor. She squinted her eyes to so she could see better, and yup, a little movement in that room. She smiles brightly. A little time passes and the front door opens. A boy that stands about 5'8, with brown hair that partially covers his deep forest green eyes. He smiles kindly at the red head as he walks down the stairs to his home.

"Hey babe." his voice a bit rough, but yet sweet at the same time. She ran up to him,and hugged him.

~~present~~

She stomped on the ground in front of the tombstone. "YOU LEFT! YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD NEVER LEAVE!" The tears she had been trying to hold back soon began to fall. The girl wheezed and gasped for air while she fumbled for a pack of cigarettes and a lighter in her coat pocket. Little by little she calmed down. "You idiot....." she mumbled while putting a cigarette in her mouth and lighting it. She let out a puff of smoke. "you said you wouldn't leave." She said in a voice barely audible, but yet seemed so loud in the empty cemetery. The red head laughed as she put her cigarette back into her mouth and pulled out a crushed up bouquet made of crimson red roses, and threw them at the head stone.

Daniel M. Patterson
Born: May 19, 1992
Died: December 23, 2010
His body may have died but his spirit lives on.