The Author Station

Authors Note: This story is for any kind of writer. Whether you write Fantasy, Vampire, Horror, Werewolf, or Short Storys. You can use my tips as an advantage, or cheat for your storys.  

Today I will be writing about Description, and Titles.

________________________________________________________________________________

Drescription:

When you are writing storys you want to make some sentences sound descriptive, realistic, and enticing to your readers. Making some sentences sound this way is hard to do. So when you write those, you might want to grab the nearest thesauras;)

Lets say I wrote this "I grabbed it," Does that sound good to you?

No. It doesn't, because when I write "I grabbed it," First of all, I'm not even telling my readers what I'm grabbing. Second of all, I'm not describing HOW I'm grabbing it. so my readers won't imagine exactly HOW I'm grabbing it or where or who I'm grabbing it from. They could be thinking I am grabbing it fast, or slow. For all I know, they could be thinking I'm grabbing a unicorn with my Grandpa's cane, from my lttle brother jack.

So instead of writing "I grabbed it," I would write "Reaching out slowly, I snatched the glass of water from the counter before trudging upstairs."

Now does that sound enticing to you? Or atleast better than the before? I would personally rather read a book with description rather than a book without.

Now, there are other things that you can describe other than the way you grab. You could describe a surface, a touch, a kiss, a room, or any other thing you want to be descriptive in your story.

If you want to descripe a physical touch, like a kiss, or embrace. You should describe it how you would if you were in the exact situation.

If I said "I kissed him," How much would that explain? Knowing you wattpaders, I'd think you'd want the kiss to last a little longer, and want the details to go along.

So that concludes todays lesson on Description. I want all you readers to comment on how you would describe a kiss for your book, even if you don't have one.

______________________________________________________________________________

Titles:

Now, I have seen some books with stupid titles, but are not necessarily a stupid book. You want your title to summarize your book in one to three words. When I went to find a new book to read on wattpad, I kept on crossing by a book called "Dumped On My Wedding Day" I thought it wouldn't be good, so I never clicked on it, even to just find out what it was about. When I did, I LOVED it. No offence at all to XxsassycynicxX I LOVE her stuff!

Back to the point. So when you are writing a story you want the title to tell the reader everything about about your story.

That concludes the very short lesson on titles. So I have another challange.

Mia has liked this guy named Zeke since kindergarten, but had never conjured up enough courage to tell him this long-lived secret. So instead of telling him through the years, she treid to make him like her. But unfortunetly none of her skeems were successfull. Then she thinks of something that she was sure would work. She made up a fake guy, to be her fake boyfriend, and started a rumor.

I want all you guys to comment on what you think would be a good  title  for that summery of a fake book. (Lol. I'm not going to steal your ideas! I just randomly made up that description!) I will be reading all the comments. This is going to be a contest, so there will be third place, second place, and FIRST PLACE! The winner's "Prize" Will be another fan (Me!) and a dedacation in the next chapter, and the other winner's I will read your story's, and critique, comment, and maybe even fan! (If I like it) And also give you some tips!

Thanks for reading, and really! the comment board is just below! Do it!

Ps. If you want more, VOTE!

Lollilly106:)