The Other Boy

The guy didn’t look like he belonged-not in Central Junior High, the sports school.  “The jock joint”, that’s what everybody called it.  And I guess they were right.

            But this guy, the guy with the sandals and the hair and earrings in some pretty weird places didn’t look like he was in the right place.

            He is dressed in all black with hair that crawled down his back, almost as long as my own hair.  As he walks past my boyfriend and I he looks at me with deep blue eyes and he gives me a warm smile.  “What you looking at buddy move along.  Learn this boy no-one looks at my girlfriend and gets away with it.”  And again the over boisterous boyfriend scares off another new kid just to establish dominance.  I have been dating Brad for as long as I have gone to school here, total of two years, and well he can be a real jerk.  Why do I date him?  Someone may ask and all I can tell you is that he is part of the reason I got into this school and the popularity is always nice.  In my old school I was the tall blonde chic with dirty knees and the high ponytail.  In my old school I was the freak but in this school I am just like everyone else.  The only thing is I don’t like it when Brad scares people away from me.

            “Wait.  What’s your name new kid?  I’m Bella and this rude hulk is my boyfriend Brad.”  I know that comment would not go over well with him later but he was rude first and there was no reason for it so he will just have to deal with it.  The weird new boy just looks back at me as he continues his walk down the hall and into his first class, which is where I was headed.  I guess I can try again later.  “Don’t give me that look you were rude first and besides everyone knows that I am your girl so why are you freaking out?”  I give him a great teasing smile and swing me hips to get him to forgive me with out having to deal with one of his “manly” tantrums.

            “Nothing I just don’t like it when the new kids seem to think just because they are new that they can get away with stealing our girls.  Besides I heard he is some rich ass boy whose parents bought his way in, I hate people like that they ruin our rep.  He pulls me over onto his lap and kisses just under my ear and traces down along the side of my neck, my true weakness.  Of course I giggle and let him kiss me as the bell rings, which means I only had five minutes left before another boring day at our boring school.

            Sitting through my music class listening to the tone death people sing I trade places with the dork sitting next to me so I can talk to the new kid.  He looks over at me as I take my set next to him and I can see a smile run across his lips as if he was amused.  He writes something down and passes it to me.

Your boyfriend is a real ass you should date someone with more class – new kid.

Well I don’t even know your name but I have a feeling your right.  I just haven’t met anyone else who can hold a candle to his sport talents. – Bella

            My name is unimportant call me Blaze.  And the sport thing that will be easy to prove tell you boyfriend to meet me in the alley behind the school.  Hope you don’t mind a guy with his tongue pierced.  – Blaze

            Well I doubt you can beat him and besides you are kind of strange. – Bella

            “Mr. Malcolm I do not know how they used to do things at you old school but we do not pass notes in school.  And Bella I will see you after school 2:10 sharp.”  I look over at Blaze and snicker who has a name like Malcolm.  He looks me straight at me with his big blue eyes and I could tell this was going to lead to something that should have never started.