Untold.

(This is my first attempt at writing a story, so please bear with me if you find it sucky or boring :P)

The hospital smelled strangely comforting. I held her hand close to my heart as she drifted off. Her eyes, they didn't shut completely. I still could see my reflection at those dark, warm pupils, wondering if she could still see into my soul and remember how much I loved her. If the love that I had for her would bring her back to me.

( Five months ago)

"Another horribly sad day." My mind kept playing that awful statement inside my head the moment I woke up from my perfect sleep only to realise that I was an hour late for office. "Shit. Viren's going to kill me today." I was already two days past my due date to come up with the background score of the documentary on domestic violence, my friend Rohan's first directorial venture.The good friend I was, I volunteered to compose the score without a pay, since, well, you know, documentary directors are always working at steep budgets.

Viren, my partner of the recording studio which we co own, was already mad at me for acting like the most generous person in the world to any one remotely is in need. So with my heart thumping, I barely managed to put on some clothes and drove off in my 1995 model of Corona in my make believe NASCAR track, finally coming back to reality when I was fined for overspeeding. Late by another hour, sigh.

Anyway, battered and looking like a beggar, I reached the studio, Viren's laser eyes burning right into my body, with a terrified Rohan sitting on my chair. " My actress bailed out on me bro. Its two days to release date, and I had to shoot the climax today and by night finish the film. My producer's gonna kill me!!!" I could feel the fear and despair trickling down with each drop of sweat from Rohan's forehead. I had no clue how to get him out of this mess.

As if a door which opened by God's grace, my phone rang that instant. It was my friend, a long lost one, calling after almost ten years. Lauren. We'd been in med school together, till the time my brain gave up on a hopeless wave I was trying to surf on, and dropped out to chase music. She, became a doctor, then shifted to the U.S, eventually settling there. "I want to start acting again Bee, I gave up my practice, about to get divorced, sigh." One look at Rohan's face made me blurt out-" You want to do a small documentary?" , without asking anything else she screamed out "YES!". Rohan heard that great affirmative response through the phone. He smiled, I thanked that force above for watching on both of them.

Three days later, I finally finished my background score for his movie "Untold", and Rohan had hurriedly, yet successfully finished re filming his entire one hour documentary. He was so exited to start editing his work, that he wanted to edit with me, while scoring the film with my music, which according to him, was "heartbreakingly haunting". I laughed at his description, and agreed to help him with the editing.

So next day onwards, my studio became an editor's hub. I started to watch the movie he directed, which starred another friend of mine. I was proud of Rohan and Lauren for pulling it off so fast. Even Viren, the cranky boy he is, starred in his cameo of the abusive husband really well. I knew he should have been an actor. Instead he sits on my head and eats it. Haha.

So as the film progressed, Lauren's character got introduced in the film. But suddenly, something very bizzare happened to me. I just couldn't take my eyes off Lauren, and her big beautiful hazel eyes. I completely lost track of the story and just kept staring into her eyes, following the beautifully sculped curves of her body, her broad shoulders, her long fingers. All I could feel was this intense, uncontrollable desire to want her entirely. Then my brain started its own movie, with her.

I'm sure the movie in my head would have continued forever, had I not been interrupted by a loud bang on the door, with a hurriedly unsettling human storm entering the room. It took me a minute to understand who it was, and then Cupid shot right at my heart. It was her, messy hair and trashed clothes, looking completely irresistible with a twinkle bouncing off her eyes. I started to feel weak physically from standing, so I grabbed a chair and sat down to preserve whatever amount of breath she didn't manage to take away ( too feeble an amount). Then she started to talk to me, explaining why the sudden barge into the studio, casually tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. But I could just listen to the song of love playing in my heart. Viren came from behind and nudged me, then went on to hug her. Like an instinct, I jumped in, at last being a part of a conversation I was so properly isolated by my desires of the brain. She'd apparently been kicked out by her tenant, because she used to return home late everyday. Considering the work she was doing, it was but obvious that she had to stay out nights to complete the shoot. Her chauvinist tenant, clearly containing a dense intellect, in spite of being explained by her several, paid no heed and kicked her out. We were the only people she knew in this hostile country. So she drove straight to my studio.