The Taste Of Freedom...

Before You Read This I Just Want To Let You Know That I Wrote This Story 3 years Ago So Its Not That Good :P....

The Philippines were a dog wouldn’t last 10 minutes on the street, for that, people would found, kill and sold, as in the Philippines meat would cost anything between 20-40 dollars most families could not afford cow’s or chicken therefore people would eat stray dogs.

And that begins my story, hi I am Benny, and I am 1 of the 10 dogs that have survived the Philippine killers.

It all started 10 years ago at my first home, my mum gave birth to me and my 3 sisters, that was until the people decided there was to many dogs in the house…..so the got rid of me.

They drove me to an old, dark ally, put me in a box and drove off.

I spent a week there until I realized I was alone and that no one was coming for me. At the time I was 3 weeks old and was still use to feeding off mum but I knew I had to be strong.

 I looked around and spotted the back of an old café shop there was two trash cans and some old broken down boxes. so I headed for the trash wasn’t my idea of gourmet food or first class dining but I needed food it eat otherwise I would starve.

 I dug my way through the trash but all I found was half a moldy chocolate chip cupcake and that was not at all satisfactory to me. So I set off through the city of Lungsod I noticed hundreds of people walking all around me I wondered what all the kafuffle was about, it turned out it was market day the Philippines would have a market day every Sunday it was quite a nice place there was toys, books and clothes for sale and then there was food!

A man was selling fish and seafood and I started to walk towards him, you know to pull out those big puppy eyes. That was until I saw the man next to him. He was poacher 30-50 dogs were tied up, cans over their mouths to stop them from barking I almost cried.

To see their sad little faces, as they all looked at me.

Soon a lady walked up and asked for a dog, all the dogs knew they were not going to be hugged or cuddled they were getting the chop, the kill, the blue sway murder, they knew it was the end of there life the man put the dog in a bag and gave it to the lady as she walked away he spotted me sitting on the ground watching him. He gave off a smile and started to walk towards me. I guest he wanted me in his market stall too.

He grabbed me by the tail and picked me up but I was not going down without a fight.

 I bite, clawed and scratched him but it wasn’t good enough, he put me in a brown sack and tock me back to his truck I thought that I would not see the sun again like living in a black hole for all eternality, I thought it was the end of me.

 Finally out I came like a jack in the box

 I was surprised to find myself in this strangers home, there was a sofa, a bed and a small sink filled with dirty dishes and old food scraps. He soon picked me up and shoved me in a plastic box it was see though so I was able to see what was going on around me.

The man soon went to bed and it was about 10:35 at night and I was starting to get hungry, but the main thing that was on my mind was getting out of the box and getting out of the man’s house.

 I began to push and jump against the lid finally, a brake away I had to push at lest 20 times before it came off saying that, it would be very loud, all the banging and crashing,  you could kinda guest what happened then…yep he woke up.

 I made I wild dash for the door grabbing the handle with my teeth and releasing in seconds I ran down the street like a dog on a mission soon I stopped and looked around he was no were to be seen, or that’s what I thought until I saw a car driving towards me with anger it was him again and he was very angry I began to dash off again I felt like it was life or death I took a turn down an ally and came to a sudden stop when I realized it was a dead end. He used his car to block the exit and started to run madly towards me.

This was it! I looked around for somewhere to run to but there was no where to go no where to hide, but one thing looked very familiar I soon realized that it was the ally I was dumped at, the ally that my first family left me at! But there was no time for flash backs this was serious, I didn’t know what to do so I began to howl I don’t know why I just did. In doing so a lady came out from the café to see what all the noise was about by the time she came out the man was shoving me into a box and beginning to walk back to the car.  A lady, a small delicate old, she saw me squished in a box screeching and howling.

She ran after him, demanded him to release me from the box, he told her he could not do that.

 She grabbed the box and opened the lid; picking me up rapping me in her woolly jumper. She took me inside gave me cold fresh water in a bowl and a piece of toast

…..3 years later….

I am now a family member of the Yowe family and I am treated as one of their own children, I think of the life I have lived and I think of how lucky I am to have a loving family.