The Good Kind Of Bad_RitaMB

Title: The Good Kind Of Bad

Username: RitaMB

Genre: ChickLit & Mystery & Thriller

Rating: PG-13

Summary:

Excitement and danger come at a price; how much will she risk for a man she barely knows?

Craving an escape from her humdrum life, she abandons her safe but dull fiancé at the altar and heads for the city of her childhood; Chicago, Illinois. It's not long before she meets enigmatic stranger Joe Petrozzi and after three short weeks of heady bliss, they're walking down the aisle. Joe's in the dark over her ex-fiance, though the new Mrs. Petrozzi discovers her husband has a secret or two of his own, secrets he's desperate to keep hidden.

Doubts surrounding Joe's true nature soon begin to surface. Where is it he goes when running errands, and what is he trying to hide? Throw in a dirty cop, a police cover-up, lies, mistrust and the mysterious Victor and the whirlwind romance is set to spin wildly out of control.

When a handsome detective becomes a permanent fixture in her life, it appears all her problems are solved. But is it really that simple or is there more going on than she's willing to admit? Daring to dream of a different life she gets her fingers burnt, searching for The Good Kind of Bad in this Neo-Noir thriller.

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 38/38 (completed)

Other Works I've Read:None.

MY REVIEW:              

This book was recommended to me by Wattpad…and I had mixed feelings about it.

I don’t know if I can adequately describe my feelings when I first started reading this. It’s written in a first person POV, but it reads like at some point it was in third person or it just really wants to be. The M.C’s voice is at times kind of dry and removed…and I wasn’t convinced I liked it.

But I did like the actual plot…I was quickly hooked and couldn’t stop reading. There was something really hypnotic and dark about the story.

I had so many questions…this book is full of twist and turns. And if you know me, that’s my favorite type of book.

So back to the actual story...the (M.C) leaves her fiancé at the altar in search of something more exciting in her life, which results in a series of bad decisions. This girl jumps from one bad relationship to another. It’s definitely one of the most frustrating books I’ve read.

I almost couldn’t handle the character’s naivety at times (but it makes sense in the end…I promise).

Things just seem so obvious…you have to wonder what is wrong with the main character. Is the girl sane? Or is this whole book a conspiracy of people trying to take advantage of her?

It really seems like that.

In the first chapter we learn that after leaving her fiancé, she marries basically the first man she meets…Joe, the UPS delivery man.

This man is bad news.

Then there is Evan, who at first seems like the knight in shining armor, but none of his stories make sense to me. I don’t want to give anything away, but keep an eye on that one.

Then there’s all the people trailing her…and all the people dying.

It seems like bits and pieces of her life never existed. Which brings me back to the question…is this girl crazy or am I?

I was confused throughout most of the book, but I pieced it together in the last couple of chapters. And I really appreciated it, because I like not being able to solve the mystery in the first chapter.      

Loved the ending.

Can’t say more because I would like anyone reading it to be as confused I was through most of the story.

If you enjoy a good mystery…this is it.

Overall Rating: ★★★★☆

Author's Note-

Check out RitaMB's interview!