America

In America there is a significant difference between a light skinned woman and a dark skin woman. All over instagram and twitter and facebook etc.. People seem to think representing #teamlighgskin #teambrownskin #teamdarlskin is a ok thing to do? I don't understand why you would want to rep that. But of course I'm hoping its just the ignorant and uneducated people who are doing this. So for those of you who do rep that and you don't know why this is a big deal and a ignorant thing to do then please pay attention to what I'm about to say: Back in slavery times there was a group of people called as a house slaves and a group called field slaves. Now the main differences between the two were that the lighter toned people got to be inside while the darker skinned people had to go to the field to work. Now everyone seems to think that the light skins got to have special privileges for being in the house. I mean if you call getting raped more often by the master as a privilege then yes they had a great deal of privileges. An yes I do understand that being outside through snow and heat is a bad hard thing too do but you can't blame us for our skin color. My point is that we were slaves period so none of us were better we all still got whipped and raped. So know your facts before reping something that has such very negative history behind it.