Chapter One

"Oh shït," I swore as I nearly tripped over my own shoelace. I paused my morning jog to retie my shoe and browse on my phone for a bit. 'A little break won't hurt anything' I thought to myself. 'Besides those love handles' my bitchy conscious reminded me.

The obnoxious ringing of my iPhone snapped me out of my internal argument. "What do you want?" I fussed into my phone, wincing at how snappy I sounded.

"Chill out, bïtch. I was just making sure you didn't get hit by a car or anything, I know how big of a klutz you are, Andy." my roommate and rather annoying best friend reminded me.

Ashley and I became friends in 9th grade. It wasn't that I liked her at first, my friends were just shítty and I wanted to hang out with a new crowd, and Ashley didn't have many friends because everyone thought she was a stuck up ässhole(which is partly true). But somehow, our diverse personalities got along, and here we are today, roommates and in our second year of Strayer University(idk guys a random college in California)

"I'm about to head home anyways, my shift starts in about an hour and a half," I reminded her, "which means do not get in the shower right now, I smell like piss on a stove and I don't shower in cold water."

"Whatever," I could practically hear her rolling her piercing blue eyes. "We need more milk by the way, I used the last of it this morning," she deviously giggled.

"Damn Ash-" I started to retort back, but was cut off by something wet plopping on my head.

I squinted as I looked up to the sky, seeing several tiny water droplets beginning to dwindle from immense gray clouds.

"Fück, it just started to rain. I'm gonna try to get a cab and head home," I told her quickly and hung up.

After 20 minutes of trying to catch a cab, I realized it was hopeless and started sprinting to get home in time to take a shower.

I busted into my 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment after 15 minutes of bumping into rude pedestrians, splashing frigid puddles of water onto my legs, and being partially blinded because of the pounding rain.

Grabbing Ashley's keys to her car off the bar in our rather small kitchen area, I chunked them on the couch beside her. She didn't even flinch from her sprawled out position.

"You're giving me a ride to work," I told her, stripping off my jacket and heading into our small bathroom.

"No, no no no," I whispered to myself, frantically turning the knob on the shower and not receiving any water in return.

"I forgot to tell you, our water got cut off!" Ashley yelled from the living room.
Oh hell fücking no.

"What the fück Ashley? Why?" I bellowed in annoyance, and she rolled her eyes at me. Lord, please help me before I strangle the life out of her pretty body, I mentally prayed. "The usual, I forgot to pay the bill, I'll pay tomorrow," she shrugged.

She and I split the bills, one month I pay, and the next she pays. Of course if one of us needs help we'll pay together, that's the whole purpose of us sharing an apartment. She just usually doesn't bother telling me when she can't pay.
I didn't have time to argue, though.

"Whatever," I angrily grumbled, stomping to my room and putting on a t-shirt and leggings. I yanked the brush through my hair after towel drying it and threw it in a messy ponytail.
I look like shït.

"Since your irresponsible ass forgot to pay the water bill, you're giving me a ride to work," I bossily told, plopping on the small love seat beside her while slipping my vans and jacket on.