Chapter 1- First 24 hours

I was in love. I wondered did wehave a future or what would even happen next. I had to make a choice and if Ichoose wrong I would fuck up everything.

I kept checking my phone hopingthese last ten minutes would go past fast. Luckily my manager wasn't near, shehated me checking my phone whenever I was working the front register. I workedat pizza hut, which happen to be a busy and stressful job that requiredlearning different thing but I was a fast learner so I did well within thefirst few months. It was the end of May. I worked mostly nights which was whenthe dinner rush happened. Tonight was a typical night and the rush was over andthe phone rarely rung. I had to get home by at least midnight so I could catchthe latest episode of Vampire Diaries. My life was kinda boring now that highschool was over but I tried to make the best of it. I felt like something wasmissing but I didn't know what. As soon as I knew it my shift was over and itwas time to go home. I entered my numbers in the computer and clocked outputting my jacket over my apron and pushing my hat down on my head. I had to walk home which was about an hour.Don't judge me but I can't drive. I lived in the south and some of the roadswere partially lit at night which made it pretty scary to walk alone but I wasfine. Exiting the store I walked through the parking lot and past several otherstores which were now closed. I made my way into the darkness, under theunderpass and into the back roads. The road I had to travel online had onelight and there was a creepy church nearby. Something was different tonight andI could feel it. The air was warmer than usually and I felt like I was beingwatched. I walked a little faster so I could get home quicker but somethingstopped me literally. I tripped over a rock and fell but I felt hands around mestopping me from hitting the ground. Was I being kidnapped?

"You need to be more carefulthese backroads are dangerous at night" he said.

Both arms around me he lifted meup to my feet. His eyes were blue and not a normal blue they were like Ice blueand I couldn't stop staring. We were about the same height but I knew withoutmy work shoes he would be taller. His hair was silver white and he had frecklesbut they were so cute on him. I was staring too much and if I didn't saysomething soon it would look creepy.

"Yeah but what are you doing outhere so late?"

"I could ask you the same thing"

"Well I was walking home fromwork and then I got assaulted by a rock, what's your excuse?"

"I live around here"

He had a sassy tone in his voiceas if I interrupted him with my fall. Why would he be out so late even if hedid live close by?

"Yeah but it's really late. Areyou ok"

"Don't ask questions you don'twanna know. Watch out for rocks not other people."

He was really rude which I didn'tunderstand. You could tell something was wrong with he just didn't want to talkabout it. He started walking and I followed him. He wore a graphic tee and bluejeans, I was able to see when we walked into the light. He spoke as we walkedbut what he said next surprised me.

"My parents are fighting and Ididn't want to be there to watch, I had better things to do like saving you fromkiller rocks" he said sarcastically.

I didn't expect him to open to mebut I'm glad he did.

"Parents are people just like youand me and they fight and they just have to work out their issues. Justunderstand it's not your fault and anger can cloud their judgement"

He was walking close to me towhere our hands almost touched. The moon bounced off his silver hair and itlooked beautiful. I couldn't help but stare into his blue eyes whenever Icould. We walked at the same pace and he would look at me a few times andsmirk.