Kisses and Autographs

KISSES AND AUTOGRAPHS

by: thegirlwhofangirled

--

--PROLOGUE--

I have made a conclusion that books are made to make people be frustrated enough to kill themselves.

I have just finished reading the trilogy of the book Mr. W, my boss, gave me to read, which is entitled The Hunger Games. It tells about the story of the badass heroine Katniss Everdeen, who has amazing archery and survival skills, along with her baker boyfriend, Peeta Mellark, a.k.a Lover boy, where in they get to participate in a dangerous sporting event where you had to kill every single person that is breathing in the arena to be declared as a victor. It was very brutal in the first book, and the next awaits more tragedy to the main characters. The final seemed very exciting, since it's ending, and endings are the parts people really hold on for.

It took me almost two weeks to finish it, because it was too long and since I can't bring it to work. But it was really worth my time. I loved every single page I lifted with my thrifty fingers. The whole plot was so epic, and there were no words how much I adored it. And until now, I still can't get over the fact that I have finished one of the most successful books of the year.

But if you would ask me how I feel after reading such a masterpiece, I would probably screech at you. 

Because it was so amazing, that I can't even explain how I felt reading it! Maybe I would say, Finnick could definitely beat Zac Efron or Taylor Lautner in any competition they are in--if he was not a fictional character. or maybe President Snow sucked dicks. He kept on trying to put Katniss down, but he can't, since he's such a big loser. Nope, I don't feel bad for him. or even CATONISS MY ASS! (or anything THG related), but seriously, I can't handle my emotions concerning my life after The Hunger Games. If I had the chance to meet the author in person, I would probably scream her the questions I'm dying to ask. If I did. But I don't. So right now, I'm freaking out why I didn't get to know whether some characters died or lived until the end. Did Haymitch and Effie ended up together, or they remained single as they grew older? What happened to Katniss and Peeta and their children? Will there be another sequel? 

This is the most brutal thing authors would do to their fans: completely frustrate them. Physically, mentally, sexually, socially, and emotionally.

Yep. It is.

I typed on, "hunger games" in Google. I tapped on the keyboard impatiently as I waited for my search engine to load. I refreshed it a couple of times, but it seemed like it won't work. I closed every tab and managed to open another window, pasting the links in the address bar with each tab I have newly opened. I started to lick my lips as I see passing food advertisements in the sides of the Google site. I wanted to make a milkshake, but I realized I was too lazy to do anything but surf the web.

I was going to read more about The Hunger Games in the Wikipedia for more information, but my beeping wrist watch was interrupting me so. The only person who would call me while I'm in the middle of something would be Mr. W. So, I have a call from Mr. W.

I sigh, rolling my eyes. I pushed a small button in my wrist watch to accept the call.

A hologram of Mr. W seeping his coffee appeared on my sight.

"Good morning, Agent M. How are you?" His voice calm and deep, was a very comforting tone.

I say, "Not fine, thanks for asking." I glance at my wall clock which is pointing to 7:09AM. Isn't it too early?

He sighed, and said, "Perhaps you read the book that I recommended for you? Is that the reason why you are acting so depressed today?"

"The Hunger Games is ruining my life," I say miserably.

"Every single book you read ruins your life. I do feel bad for you," he says, but I reply, "Don't be."

"Hope you get better soon, though. Anyway, we'll discuss your assigned mission when you get here in my office."

I swear, these tasks are getting worse and dealing with these missions are giving me a pain in the ass. Last week, I had to deal with an 'almost-close-to-be-a-villain' guy who lives under the ground. And so I went to that underground tunnel I was supposed to that has superior large mines, which are traps for any intruders like me. I didn't even had a sidekick or someone to help me, since they think I could do it on my own. I did get bruises and cuts, but it's a good thing I didn't blow my head off, or any part of my body. Praying does work, I guess.

But I am just relieved my missions aren't held everyday.

"Can I go later?" I lazily jumped off the bed and put on my coat. "I haven't had breakfast yet."

"You will be going this instant. Breakfast will be served at my office. That is all. Good bye." And all of a sudden, the call ended.

I yawned.

A Job is a job. Can't change that.

My stomach growled. I realized I needed to grab a Snickers bar from the fridge, so my stomach would settle in. I started to wander around like a zombie, my bunny slippers squeaking as I go with each step. I felt tired and hungry and not well at all. I think these are the symptoms of having the I-just-finished-The-Hunger-Games-and-I-think-I'm-having-a-hangover syndrome.

As soon as I reached my fridge, I immediately opened it with my good right hand. But something feels wrong after seeing the contents of my very own fridge.

It's empty.

Oh.

No, seriously, it's EMPTY. All I see is a metallic wall surrounding the inside. But I remembered stacking this fridge with all sorts of food two days ago. Am I that gluttonous? I mean, I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon! What did just happen and my food suddenly disappeared?! It's not even winter for hibernating animals!

I attempted to knock it, punch it and lick it. But I didn't, because the next thing I know, I was being sucked by it like a vacuum cleaner.

I scream at the top of my lungs.

--

A/N: What do you think, guys? Comment it here below! :D