CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Attention there is only one chapter left in this book. As a special treat to my fans I am setting the last chapter to private. That means to read the last chapter of Blood Prize you will have to fan me. I hope you all enjoy.

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Wati turned looked down at the blade going through his chest then turned around to see who had stabbed him. His eyes widen in shock as he grabbed the sword pushing it from his chest. The wound closed as he force the weapon back through the same way it had entered.

“Mati,” he hissed and Nero stepped to the side a smile on his face as he held the sword in his hand. “You would stab me!” He yelled and Nero walked around him coming to stand in front of Hiro and me.

“Well I couldn’t allow these two to have all the fun.” Nero said glancing back at us. “How are you guys holding up.”

“Oh you know we’re just peachy.” Hiro countered with an annoyed look on his face.

“Nero,” Link voice held an excited edge to it as he step towards him.

“We can kiss and catch up later Link. Right now we have to deal with big ugly. Where is Ban?” He asked and my eyes found the dark clouds in the sky again. That dread that I been feeling creeping back into my chest. Why, why wasn’t he here yet? What had gone wrong to make Ban take this long. Nero reached out laying his hand on my shoulder. “Ban will be fine.” He said and I nodded my head.

“Of course he will.” I said snorting playing off my worry for him. “I’m not lucky enough for that demon to die.” I said the words as they soured in my mouth. Ban dying didn’t sit right with me. It felt wrong. It was wrong.

“Soji,” a voice said and I turned around to see Niwa rushing towards us. He slowed his steps as he looked over at Hiro. Hiro didn’t make a move to go for him and he reached Soji embracing him. “Brother,” he said and Soji nodded his head returning the embrace.

“I’m fine.” Soji told him.

“But for how long.” a voice said and I whipped around as I saw Rhett walking towards us. My eyes widen as Link started to growl at him. He looked over at Link then at me his eyes falling on Soji.

“Father,” Niwa and Soji both hissed out Niwa pushing Soji behind him.

“It’s impossible.” I said moving forward as well. “I killed you.” I yelled at him. “You were dead!”

“He can’t die.” Nero said and I spun around again looking at him. “The Gods granted him eternal life for his prayers. So long as he serves them he will live forever.”

“Who should I ever disobey my Gods. They have given me so much. Including two sons who adore me. It is too bad you wasn’t the one chosen to be the God Niwa. I’m sure you would have gladly laid down your life down for the Gods.”

“Of course I would.” Niwa said and Hiro dagger became a scythe as he held it in his hand. Laying his hand over his chest Niwa took a step towards his father. “This life I would lay down for the Gods any day. However,” he said his eyes changing from blue to silver. “I vowed to protect my younger brother with my life. I will not allow you to lay one finger on Soji.”

“I will fight as well.” Soji said taking out his cross it became a sword in his hand. “I’m not a child anymore. I’m not weak or mindless. I will not allow you to use me Father. I do not fear you anymore.”

“Disobedient children get punished.” Rhett said four arms growing out of his side.

“Soji, just like we practiced.” Niwa told him and Soji nodded they both rushed towards their father taking him over the side of the summit as they tumbled towards the ground.