Mine for ALL TIME

She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen, fair-skinned, black long hair and very luscious lips.

Every time I pass her by, I can’t help but to stop and look back.

Oh, what is this I’m feeling? I think I’m falling for her.

 I know it’s weird, I mean, I don’t even know her name.

I don’t see her always, and the only time I can lay my eyes on her is whenever I pass by near the train station where she looks like she’s waiting for someone.

Is she waiting for her boyfriend? Or her husband perhaps?

Just a thought about that makes my heart break somehow.

Yet, I still can’t stop myself from walking the road that allows me to see her however; I still haven’t seen the guy she’s been waiting for.

And every time I see her, there’s a small force that’s telling me to go near her yet I never have done such a bold thing.

I’ve told my friends all about this mysterious girl, and they always encourage me to introduce myself to her, yet I was never pushed.

Until that time when our eyes locked and she smiled at me, I thought my heart must have stopped.

And that’s when I decided; I should go to her and at least know her name.

The next day, I prepared myself; I wore my best perfume and my best shirt just to impress her.

And when I passed near the station, viola, she was there sitting in a bench looking pale.

And thought, it’s now or never.

And of course I’ve chosen now.

I slowly walked to where she was sitting until she saw me.

And like the day before, she smiled at me.

Our eyes were locked to each other and the way her eyes glowed, it’s as if she’s been waiting for me there.

When I was just inches away from her she stand and said, “Welcome back” I

was confused at first then got worried when she suddenly collapsed in my arms.

I was glad that many people helped me when I rushed her to the hospital.

The doctor quickly came to her aid. I was bothered while I was waiting for the doctor.

Bothered for what she had said and what had happened to her.

My mind was confused when the doctor came out from the emergency room.

The look of his face told me that something was up.

I quickly asked him and told me that she is in coma and she has the littlest percent of waking up from it.

The news scared the hell out of me.

I mean, I still don’t know her name, I still didn’t tell her about my feelings and I still haven’t known her much better.

And then the doctor gave me a letter.

He said that it was something that the girl held unto even if she lost consciousness.

When I looked at the letter, I was shocked. It was addressed to me.

My hands were shaking when I opened it. It said:

       To my dearest Vince;

                     Remember me? Oh, of course you don’t. You didn’t even recognize me when we saw each other near the station the other day. Now, you must have been confused of my identity. Should I give you a hint? Well, “Hakuna matata”. Does it ring a bell? If it still haven’t, then hello! It’s me, NINA, the weak, pony-tailed girl back then.

            How have you been? I hear you’ve been doing great. Are you still the brave boy I used to know back then? The one I called “hero”? haha but you know what? I’m glad I saw you even if you didn’t recognize me at all. Cause when I saw you again, hope started to crept unto me.

            We were still young when you left this town, right? We were so closed back then when suddenly you’re parents decided to go to another town. Our separation made us cry. Yeah, not only me, idiot! You, too, cried that day. I still remember. You even promised me that you’ll come back and said that if you do, you’re expecting me to be waiting there for you. We promised to each other that.

           Really, I waited for you near the train station for 2 years until I started to realize that you’ll never come back. From then on, I started forgetting our childhood memories and promises. Yet, a little incident brought those memories back.

          It’s not that I had amnesia, really I didn’t bang my head in a car just like in the movies to trigger those memories to go. And that incident I’m talking about? Well, it was just 6 months ago when the doctors diagnosed me and found out I have a heart failure and that it was incurable. My life really took a twist that day. I was slowly losing my hope when I saw you.

         You passed by me and just a look at you, I had known who you are. Why not? Aside from the fact that your appearance didn’t change that much, looks can never deceive my heart. The heart that fell for you without me realizing that until I saw you again.

         I started waiting for you near the train station just like what I had promised, although it’s different this time. I’m not anymore waiting for you to come back, I’m now waiting for you to realize who I am and was hoping you’d realize it sooner.

        But I can’t wait anymore, my sands of time is almost over and I just can’t pass away without you even knowing who I am and what I feel for you. And that is;

 I LOVE YOU.

Truly yours;

Nina La Fonde

 A call of my name brought me back to reality and realized that I was already crying.

When I looked to know who called me, I realized it was Nina’s mother.

She was also sobbing while saying things I know I don’t want to understand and I can’t accept after I’ve realized she was my love now and then.

 Now, I should let go.

But letting go doesn’t mean I’ll move on.

Cause forever she’ll stay in my heart and forever she’ll be MINE…