Cinders

Cinders 

Chapter One.

~7 years earlier~ 

"Ella! Get over here now!" my foster mother yelled at me from the kitchen. 

I walked over to her, My nine year old body trembling in rage and fear. 

"What did you say to me?" she asked in her snobby high pitched voice. 

"I said that you cant hurt Anastasia." I said, my voice betraying no fear. 

She snickered at me, than suddenly the sharp pain of her slapping my cheek caught me by surprise. 

"Listen to me, you little witch, you can do nothing. Your week. Your just adjusting to a new place. And your just a child. Who would believe you?" she sneered at me. 

"Daniel would!" I yelled at her. 

She suddenly grabbed a pan and wacked me over the head. 

"No, he's not yours any more." she smiled evilly as my world went dark.

~present day~ 

"Ella, get over here!" my foster mother yelled from her room as I pulled on a pair of army shorts and a white tee. 

I walked down the stairs slowly, my back paining from being beaten on yesterday. 

"what?" I mumbled once I reached the living room.  

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear that?" was her smart-butted reply. 

"what?" I replied, louder this time. 

The room smelled like smoke and gym-socks. I wrinkled my nose at the bad combination of scents. 

"Tiffany-" I started and was than cut of by a whiny high-pitch voice. 

"Mo-om!" Drizella yelled from her most room. She was up there a lot, most likely to st away from the wrath of her mom. That's why I was here anyways. She was exactly like Tiffany, a blond bimbo who never had to lift a finger in her life. 

"Could I go get some stuff for the party tonight?" she asked walking into the living room. Her 5-inch pencil heals taping the floor so hard that I didn't know how she didn't poke a hole in the ground.  

"Sure," Tiffany said and turned back to her smoke, "get something hot, Daniels going to be there." she smiled and I felt my heart break for Daniel, he had no idea what he was getting into. I shook my head and quickly ran out of the room while I was forgotten. 

I ran toward the porch, trying to get the past off my mind. While my foster-mother and my bimbo of an evil sister where planing the party of the millennium. Well, at least in there minds it was. 

The Griffen's where famous for their annual parties, there house could fit the Copps Coliseum inside it it was so big, they had a humongous pool that was said to have fish in it (I know for a fact it doesn't), the best thing about the "ball" is that it is hosted by the gorgeously hot Griffen brothers, all six of them.  

I should know, I used to be best friends with one of them.  

"Hey Ann," I said when I reached the porch. Anastasia looked up at me and smiled, her skin stretching so I could see the bruise covered by make-up on her left cheek. I quickly sat down beside her, knowing that it would only upset her to mention it. 

"Another day of school." I sighed.  

"Another day of Drizilla" she said the real meaning of my words. We looked at each other and smiled. We started walking to my old Camaro. 

Ann turned around and started walking backwords, talking to me, 

"have you heard that Jay and Haven broke up?" I nodded, "well I've heard a rumour that Sarah, you know, Havens best friend? Well, apparently she has a crush on jay and he knew so when-" my mind started wandering then, not that I don't love Ann's company or anything, she sometimes is just gossipy! is that even a word?  

Suddenly a black limo pulled up jolting me from my thoughts and Drazilla's blond head poked through the door. She ran out in her not-exactly-considered cloths outfit and started making-out with the boy who was now out of the limousine. 

I grabbed Anastasia hand and pulled her over to the sidewalk. once I was out of sight I looked back to where my only love and my bimbo sister where french-kissing on the front lawn. 

Boy, my life sucks.

___________________________________________________________ 

All Rights Reserved (R) greenroze, 2011.