A Hard Day's Night

John Imagine:

You hear the door slam shut and a heavy sigh, in the form of your husband John, walks in to the living room. He slumps, exhausted, on to the sofa and lets out another sigh. You walk in slowly and rub your ever-growing stomach. You were now five months pregnant with the disgruntled man's baby and this was your first child. You were nervous, excited and all sorts of things, but after a week of silence from him after you gave him the news, John decided he was delighted and would do all he could to support and raise the two of you.

"Hey, babe," you say as you walk towards him.

"Oh hi, Y/N." He puffs.

"What's wrong?"

"Ugh, just a stupid day. Everyone was tired and in a bad mood so we got nothing done and it was just -ugh- so frustrating."

You put your hands on his tense shoulders and start to rub them. He lets out a small moan and you chuckle slightly.

"Oh, John, don't let it bother you. It was just a day, that's all. Just go in tomorrow and hope everyone's in a good mood, because they're probably feeling as you are now. Let it go, John, it doesn't matter now." You sigh.

"Oh come 'ere, beautiful," John opens his arms and you go around to join him. "What would I do without you, eh?"

He plants his lips on to yours as soon as you sit down on the sofa. He wraps his arms as tightly as he could around you without hurting the baby. You break away. "I'd be pretty damn hopeless and do nothing, that's what," he chuckles and answers his own question. You giggle too and kiss again.

John budges up so you can lie down next to him. Admittedly, once you lay down he was halfway off the sofa because you've got a lot bigger recently, but he holds himself up on his hands. Eventually, he gives up and kneels on the floor next to your stomach. He kisses it.

"Hello, in there," he begins goofily. You smile. "How is it, inside your lovely mum? She can't wait for you to get out of there, and when you do, she'll be the best mum in the world to you. I'm so lucky to see her beautiful face every day. She's the best. And I'm sure you'll be the best kid ever, and I'm going to try my best to be there for you. Now I'll admit, I'm a bit scared, I haven't much experience with children, but be patient with me, mummy here says I'm quite a slow learner." By this point, you were tearing up. Damn hormones. "But we love you. I promise."

"Oh, John," you say through tears. You hug again but you feel something in your stomach. "John, the baby's kicking." You grin.

"Oh my god..." he gets up and places his hand on your stomach. "I feel it!" He exclaims. You smile widely at each other, and you knew just then that John, however inexperienced he may be, would be a great father to your child.