Chapter 1

I am Paige, my time is limited. I was told recently that I have six months to live. Ah yes, my cancer is back. The ironic thing is that I was diagnosed with cancer when I was six years old, lung cancer to be exact. It went away when I was eight, but it seems to have come back. The chances of me living after 6 months, are little to none.

But there's one problem.

I am alone.

I don't have anyone, I'm an only child, my father passed away, so I have my mother. Ever since I was young, I have distanced myself. I don't want anyone to know what's going on and I don't want anyone to know my feelings.

Because feelings suck.

~~~

"Get up!!! Your going to school!" I slowly open my eyes to my mothers figure standing over me. You would think since I might have six months to live, I wouldn't have to go to school.

That isn't the case.

I sit in my honors reading class and dose off. No one knows what is going on in my life. No one knows that I have this type of problem. No one knows that I am unhappy, I smile as if I'm happy, but it's just not the truth. I look at everyone in the hallway and realize they all have problems like me. And I start to wonder are they faking a smile like me? I look at couples in school, I look at friends laughing, and all I can hope is that they are truly happy.

The bell rings for lunch, for the time in my life there was a table that I could sit at. Of course, there was no one sitting there but to tell you the truth it's better then sitting next to a garage can. I pull out my sandwich and start eating. As I eat I do my math homework as well.

"Hello" I look up and a blonde haired blue eyed tall boy is standing across the table from me. To tell you the truth he was very cute. I refuse to get close with him, he can't know anything about me, this isn't going to happen. After an awkward silence, he finally breaks it.

"C-can I sit here?" He awkwardly says. Why does he want to sit here? Is this some type of prank? Because jokes over. "Do I have something on a face or anything? Why won't you say anything?"

Oops. Looks like I was lost in my own head.

"Do as you please." With that he takes a seat. I wanted to say no, but I guess that would be rude. I carry on with my math homework when I realize he is staring at me. "What do you want from me?" I spat out sounded ruder then I imagined.

"I'm niall, what is your name?" He says.

"Again, why do you want to know? But it's Paige."

"Paige." He repeats, "pretty name. So why are you sitting here alone?"

"I keep my distance."

"Mhm, I can see that." Somehow, I take offense to that.

"Look, I don't know what you want from me or what your doing here or if this was a dare from someone. But leave me alone, okay? If you couldn't tell, I want nothing to do with you." I say as I walk away.

"We will see about that." I hear him mumble under his breathe.