Chapter 1

This story is based off my favorite anime of all time Itazura na Kiss which means playful kiss. So yes there are going to be a lot of the same things in the book as the show. I'm going to change many things (one being the unemotional droid like personality of Nate "Naoki" and the utter stupidity of Sarah "Kotoko" yes she is still going to be stupid in the beginning but the reason behind it is different as is the outcome but she will still be just as klutzy, I will also keep the personality of Jone "Mrs. Irie") I'm also going to go into a more detailed high school life for the characters and college as well as after college but spend more time on each instead of skipping ahead like the show does a lot. I do however plan to keep some things the same such as their kiss outside agaist the brick wall however i don't think that will be their first kiss seeing as how I start this story in junior year instead of senior year. You can Private Message me if you want to know more or have any questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!" the bells chiming somewhere in the church fill my ears as they play "Here Comes the Bride". I walk painfully slow down the long, red carpeted isle ahead of me keeping my eyes on my ivory sequined shoes. The dress I'm wearing is a strapless dress the same color as my shoes and has tiny sequence and crystal beads in the shape of flowers running all the way down to the hem. In my hands I have bright blue and pure white roses. My arm is looped through my fathers and I look at his face peeling my eyes from the crimson carpet. I look at his face and see that he has unshed tears about to stream down his face and I realize we're almost to the end of the isle. When I tear my gaze from my crying fathers face to look at the man waiting for me at the end of the isle. When I try to look I find it nearly impossible to make out his features because of the blinding light streaming in through the window behind him. When I walk close enough to him that I see his face a smile starts to pull at the edges of my lips. I see his bright blue eyes and light brown hair and fall into complete and utter bliss. Just seeing his face calms and reassures all the nervous thoughts I've had about today since this morning. He stretches out a hand for me to take. I grad it as soon as I'm close enough, calming myself further. I let out a sigh. He smiles a small smile and begins to turn to the altar.

"Do you, Nate Collins, take Sarah Brooks to be your lawfully wedded wife, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." he said it with such confidence that I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks. My turn.

"Do you, Sarah Brooks, take Nate Collins to be your lawfully wedded husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

I tried to collect myself and force back the tears and managed to choke out, "I do."

"Now it is time for the exchange of the rings." as soon as he says that the ring bearer walks up the isle and hands us the rings. Nate takes my hands and says,

"I, Nate Collins take you Sarah to be my lawfully wedded wife, to be my partner in life, my one true love. I will cherish your friendship, and love you today, tomorrow and forever. I will trust, and honor you, I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as we both shall live." he ended by easily slipping the ring on my left hand.

"I, Sarah Brooks take you Nate Collins to be my lawfully wedded husband, to be my partner in life, my one true love. I will cherish your friendship, and love you today, tomorrow and forever. I will trust, and honor you, I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as we both shall live." I said while choking back sobs and taking his left hand and slipping the ring on the right finger.

"I now pronounce this couple man and wife in the eyes of the holy church. You may kiss the bride." We both leaned in very slowly and are about to kiss when-

"Ow!" I said with a loud crash landing on the floor of the hotel bedroom.

"Sarah! Are you okay?!" My father asks waking up from his sleep in a panic and rushing over to help me up off the floor.

"Yeah I'm fine." When the truth is, I'm far from "fine".