Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Rosalie's POV 

"I'm Megan, Harry's girlfriend." Something about those four words seemed off.  I don't exactly know the reason why but as soon as Megan said it, a big rush of nerves went throughout my entire body.  The nerves made the tips of my fingers tingle, and my head to hurt. 

I was still curious to know what she meant by 'girlfriend'.  If it meant she had some sort of possession or special relationship with Harry, then I'm fine!  I guess it could be like his relationship with his band mates, best friends.  After all, girlfriend is technically girl-friend.  It could mean she's his friend that's a girl?  It might be that, but it could also mean something else. 

In response to her, I smiled a happy and genuine grin.  Luckily, she returned the favor.  Something in her eyes though told me she didn't like me.  I don't know if it was the light that caused a certain unusual flash in her brown eyes, or if it was me seeing things.  Whatever it was though, it was some kind of sign or me.  As if I were to watch out for the future and what is to come. 

"Nice to meet you Megan." Our hands then slipped into one another's, shaking them.  I knew this was some sort of gesture you're supposed to do when you meet someone new, but I wonder why.  In my opinion, I thought a nice way to greet someone is to just give them a simple smile.  With contact, it's kind of like you're asking for something else.  I might be the only one to think this, but oh well, it doesn't matter to me!  We all thing different anyways. 

I felt out of place here, as if I didn't belong here.  It's probably because I have no idea what I'm doing, or saying.  Also, with so many people in the room, it made me feel lightheaded.  Sure, there might only be seven people in the room, but that's quite a lot for a girl who hasn't been around so many people in years. 

I bit my lip, looking down at the light-wooden floor.  People were already deep in conversations, leaving me stand in the middle of them with no words coming out of my mouth.  I thought I shouldn't bother any of them since they were probably catching up with each other.  Well, at least Harry and Louis, who were deeply into conversation with Megan and the other brunette who I assumed was called Eleanor from what Megan said earlier. 

This all felt weird to me.  Being in a home, on real land with people, and simply experiencing all of these things that I haven't experienced in years.  Though, the only disadvantage to it all is that I don’t know much about anything.  The real world has changed so much since my last encounter with it, so of course I'd have to have a lot of help.  It will be nice to get some though, because I have so many questions for so many people. 

"Rosie?  Did I get your name right?" I heard someone say from behind, causing me to turn around to face the girl Megan mentioned: Eleanor.  Her hair of course was a nice, natural brown color.  Her dark waves resembled mine, except mine was more crazier and curlier considering I haven't brushed it. 

"Yeah, that's right." I half smiled shyly.  "It's short for Rosalie actually, your friends named me that.  Only since I don't know my real name though." 

"You don't know your real name?" Eleanor asked, confused with her eyebrows furrowed.  "I don't quite understand, can you fill me in on all of this?  How did the boys find you?" 

"Um...that's something I prefer not to say right now.  The only thing I can say is though was that we met on an island, and were stranded together." 

"Oh, okay." She looked down, then back up.  "Well, when you want to explain everything to me, you can just ask Louis if you want to talk.  I don't know if you have a cell phone or anything so I can't quite give you my number." 

"Um...what is-" I started, but was cut off by Harry who was standing behind me, his arm accompanied by a smiling Megan. 

"I take it you met Eleanor?" Harry asked, his eyes darting from Eleanor and back to me.  I nodded my head, but pay no attention to him.  The only thing I could pay attention to is Megan's stare, which was burning in the side of me head.  I have to admit, I felt awkward and uncomfortable.  I guess something about that girl made me feel queasy, and not the good kind.

I don't know how to explain it.  She's nice, and sweet.  She's pretty, and seems like a good person to be around.  The only way I can explain my unsureness is because of her aura.  Something that reflects off of her body doesn't seem right, like she shouldn't be here.  Well, who knows anyway!  I don't know her at all, so who am I to judge and make assumptions?

"Yeah, she's great."  I was sure of it.  Eleanor and I seemed like the two who would get along nicely. I don't have any problem with her that's for sure.  Probably because we have already had a decent conversation together.  Eleanor I know for sure is a nice girl, and has a great personality.  When Louis came over to her to kiss her cheek, and her smile that went along with it, everything about her was genuine.

"Well that's good." He smiled, making me roll my eyes.

"When was the last time you guys ate?" Megan said, her eyes widened making me take my attention away from Harry.  Once she said that, all of our stomachs growled.  What a coincidence, a funny one.  Stomach growls once eating is mentioned.  It's ironic, honestly.

"I think I remember we ate about...four days ago?" I said unsure, my eyebrows furrowed.  "Why are you asking?"

"Well...first of all; all of your stomach's growled at the mention of eating─" Ironic, I told you! "Also, you all look like sticks─twigs!  Thank God that we still have food in the fridge.  Ever since you guys went missing, most of your food has expired Harry!"

"I think we only have a few things left to eat here.  Though, just in case, we should all go out to eat. Just so we won't get food poisoning, because who-knows-what is hiding in all of your spoiled foods!"

"Is that such a good idea?" Liam stepped in, cutting off Megan of what she was saying. "Rosalie is still adapting to real civilization, and she freaked out in the Airport.  You really think she'll be fine in a restaurant that is packed with a bunch of people?"

"I have no idea what you mean by 'adapting to real civilization' but I am pretty sure she'll be fine.  Let's just go before it gets late, and I'm a little hungry myself, so can we just go already?" Megan replied back to him rudely, using her fingers to express quotation marks in the air.

"Megan, we're all really tired from jet lag.  As great as it sounds to eat, I'd rather just sleep right now.  The rest of us would agree with me I bet," Harry replied back to his girl friend, rubbing his eyes with his hands to express his weariness.

"I agree with you on that mate, but you know I can't go to bed properly without a nice meal."  Niall cut in, stepping between the two.

"Fine, but let's hope the place we go is vacant.  We can't afford to have people following us at this time of day."

"McDonald's then boys?" Niall wiggled his eyebrows, happily skipping towards the front door.