One Shot

McKenna's POV

(AN: One bad word used in this one shot is used not by my choice, but for rewriting one of @knightsrachel's chapter's in McKenna's POV for a one shot competition, I do no want to change the content of the conversation. Just letting y'all know.)

I sat on my bed, going through some of my recent photos that I've taken when my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and saw that it was Lee calling.

"Hello?" I said as I answered the phone.

I could hear him breathing, but he didn't say anything. That's not like Lee.

"Is everything alright?" I could still hear his somewhat ragged breathing, but he answered.

"I just..." He replied, hanging his sentence in the air. I got a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"What's the matter?" I asked, worry coming through in my voice.

"Can you just come to my dorm?" I heard him choke out.

"Okay." I immediately got up to go. "Just wait for me there."

He didn't respond and I soon heard the beeping of the call being disconnected.

I hurried to get my shoes on and tossed on a hoodie.

I hurried out of my dorm, my heart beating a little faster than normal, due to panic about Lee.

He is never like this, never at a loss for words. A million possibilities of what could've happened ran through my head. The wind was whipping my face as I fast walked over to the boys' dorms. I tried to prepare myself for the ramifications of what might come about. I started to remember what happened with my sister and began to panic, starting to run. I soon discouraged myself of thinking that through. It could simply be something of being stressed and needing someone to talk to.

"No need to get worked up," I thought. I need to be strong for Lee and not jump to conclusions, no matter what I think.

I went into Lee's dorm building and went to the front desk.

"Here to see Lee?" Dylan asked.

"Yes." I hurriedly signed in and went to the stairwell.

I ran up the steps, finally getting to Lee's dorm room. I paused to catch my breath and somewhat calmed my nerves before knocking.

After a few seconds I heard some shifting around and Lee opened the door. His face was distraught, pained even.

I slowly made my way over to his futon and sat down with no words being said. I don't want to push him. He followed in suit and sat down beside me on the futon. After a bit, I spoke.

"What's the matter?" I questioned, searching his face to see if there were any bruises or scraps, seeing if there was anything visibly hurt.

"Everything.." He heaved out after a moment. I didn't know how to cover everything at this moment, so I hinted to narrowing it down.

"Let's start a little less broad." I suggested.

There was a pause in conversation as if he didn't know what to say, or was struggling to say it.

"I fucked up real bad." he sated, looking at me with brokenness in his eyes.

I held his gaze, waiting for him to continue. He closed his eyes and hung his head. His breathing was still ragged, like he had a weight on his chest.

I tried to think of what he could've done that would tear him up so badly. His parents were gone, so he couldn't have done something to hurt them. Parker would be my first guess, he had told me of problems with him before.