Prologue

A/N: First of all, I have to say this is my first fan fiction that I have ever finished. I am quite proud of it, if I do say myself - cue obnoxious laugh - so, I would really like this book to reach 5000 reads. Maybe, I don't know. (27/03/2014 - Oh god, it's 14000 now! LOL (15/9/2014 - Oh god, it's got more than twice as much haha!))

 So vote, comment, fan me if you like! I fan back! And please, spread the word! Make my dream come true!

 Thanks for taking the time to read this. Tschus!

 03/14 - I wrote this when the Mark of Athena was the latest book out. But it's only apart of it in the first ten or so chapters and the rest is about Maggie and her time at Camp Half-Blood so I hope that won't put you off.

 Plus I know it's crap the way I finished the whole adventure, we don't know what's going to happen so... Damn, lost track of thought. Anyway I kind of just wanted to sum it up as well as I could.

 Again... Thanks for taking the time to read this. Tschus!

12/14 - I wrote this when I was like 12 (actually 14) and so bear (or is it bare?) with me. Thanks

 I flipped through my homeschooling textbooks, after a few distressed seconds my anger soon boiled to the top and I threw it to the wall and it landed with a thud. Why couldn't she just leave me in England? She's never home anyway! No, we had pack up everything, throw it away and move to flipping Greece! She's not even letting me live a normal teenage life! I'm fifteen for god's sake! Okay, maybe I wasn't considered 'normal' back home.

 Just by taking in my surroundings you could tell I wasn't your 'normal fifteen year old'. I was propped up in my single bed, it would've have been a double but we couldn't fit it in, with everything else that is. Opposite me was flat screen TV fixed to the wall, it was surrounded by sound bars. Below was desk the shape of an arc, in the centre directly below the TV, was my alien-ware computer. It stood underneath the desk, beholding its glory, the LED lights flicking on and off every few seconds. It stared at me with its monstrous beauty, as if was alive, I wish it was, then I wouldn't be so lonely. I had spent two whole days hooking it up to the five 20" screens above it. My walls were plastered with game posters and cartoons. Above my bed was crossed Japanese swords, I managed to convince my Mother to buy them for me last year. It took me four whole days to put this altogether, but I have to say, it was worth it.

 There a jingle and the sound of a hammer downstairs. I gulped and sat upright, my heart started beating rapidly. As far as I knew, I was alone. Mum wasn't expected until early morning, it was only half seven in the afternoon. The sound continued and the door swung open and hit the wall with a bang. Soon there was the screech our alarm and impatient mutters followed after. The screech continued and I covered my ears, if it ran for longer than thirty seconds, it would automatically signalled the police, I knew for I set that up. My eyes widened when it suddenly stopped. They had disabled it. I had equipped that with the most complex alarm systems out there.

 "See," said a distant male voice. There was a few sighs and someone muttered something. I couldn't make it out. The same voice answered, "I know, because the alarm wouldn't go off, would it," he said defensively. Actually, I had set up that alarm to go off every time that door unlocked. I think the other person had asked how he knew this house empty, which it wasn't of course. The patter of feet ventured into my no longer safe home. My heart jumped to my throat as I soon realised that there was more than two people. Now they were past the stairs and in the lounge. The intruders were beneath me.

 I need to call the police. What's the emergency number? Within seconds I looked it up on my tablet, I begged my Mum for more than 50mb Internet or I would hang myself, I don't think she knew I was kidding. The number 112 popped up soon after.