Meet the Team!

Yusuke Urameshi (24):
The Exorcist. While he is very sensitive to the paranormal his strong suit is exorcism. He has fine tuned his senses by training with a strong mentor in the mountains. He's the only one on the team who can actually physically touch usually non-corporeal creatures.

Kazuma Kuwabara (24):
The Sensitive. He was born with the natural ability to see the supernatural. He was the only one to believe Yusuke when he talked about the school being haunted. Though he tried he was unable to help Yusuke get used to his new ability. He was the first to join Yusuke's investigating team.

Keiko Yukimora (24):
The Intelligence. Yusuke's childhood friend. Because of differences in personality they grew apart in middle school. After Yusuke's accident and outbursts of hauntings she became obsessed with the paranormal. She knows everything about every ghost, apparition, spirit and cryptid from across the world. She joins the team to help supply information about what they are up against. She prefers to stay in the office but is usually on call with Yoko just in case they need any information.

Yoko Satori Minamino (25):
The Backup. Was Yusuke's only friend in school besides Kuwabara. While at first he didn't believe Yusuke after a close encounter of his own he spent time trying to apologize. After Yusuke returned he joined the team. He stays in the van and acts as backup and driver.

Kurama Shuichi Minamino (25):
The Techy. Yoko's, younger by 5 minutes, twin brother. Originally brought in to suggest a tech guru but was fascinated by the concept of the paranormal so he joined.

Hiei Wong (28):
The Mechanic. After inheriting a two story building from his adopted family he needed a way to keep it. After intense study he found out he was an absolute mechanical genius. He turned the first floor of the building into a repair shop. He also works closely with Kurama to make sure their tech runs properly. The second floor of the building is divided in half. One he lives in the other he rents out to Yusuke for his team.

Koenma King (30):
The rich kid. Only son to the King family who owns half the city. It was his driver who, while on his way to pick him up from school, hit and killed Yusuke. By the time it was found out Yusuke had run to the mountains. As a way to apologize for what his driver did he offered to fund Yusuke's team. He's actually very interested in the paranormal but because of his compromised immune system he stays in the office and acts as a front desk guy.

Botan Karito (32):
The Doctor. Unable to stay working in a hospital because of too many losses she now works as a private Doctor to the King family for their son. Koenma sends her with the team whenever they go out on an investigation. She stays in the van with Yoko and monitors vitals and is there in case of a medical emergency.

Genkai Masters (78):
The Teacher. Yusuke's mentor when he ran away. She taught him how to control his abilities and focus his energy. After Yusuke left she retired from the mountains following Yusuke back to his city. She stays in the office with Koenma and provides extra training for Yusuke as well as the rest of the team.
-----------------------------------------------
Other Yu-Yu-Hakusho characters will be mentioned but these are the main reoccurring characters.