|12| Veiled Intentions

"She wore no makeup and managed to be completely fucking gorgeous with zero effort. That shit pissed me off because I didn't want anyone even look at her"

★⋆. ࿐࿔

ABHIMANYU~

Today, after what felt like an eternity, I saw her again. The moment our eyes met, it was like something magical happened between us, a connection I couldn’t shake.

She stood there, her gaze locked on mine, her eyes holding the same beauty that always captures me. There's something about the way she looks at me—it’s powerful, and I would do anything to make her happy.

But today, her face showed a deep sadness, a heaviness brought on by her mother’s sudden hospitalization. It happened right after Sheetal ji left my cabin, and without a second thought, I took her to the hospital. I didn't hesitate.

I’m not usually someone who shows kindness. After all, the world hasn’t been kind to me, and I’ve grown to despise people. They didn’t show any compassion to my parents when they needed it. But for Riddhima, I’m willing to be different.

Everything I do for her mother—the kindness, the help, even the work I’ve taken on—is all for Riddhima. Her mother thinks I’m some sort of saint, but the truth is, it’s just a front. Deep down, I’m not the person she believes me to be. I hate when people disobey me, and I take pleasure in asserting control.

But I only need to keep this act up for a little while longer. Soon, Riddhima will be mine completely, and then she’ll see the real me because I can't pretend in front of her. She will have to accept me as I truly am.

If she embraces me, life will be good for her. But if she doesn’t, she’ll have to deal with the consequences.

I can’t get the image of her out of my mind, standing in that hospital room, wearing a simple green suit with a bindi on her forehead. Even in the most modest clothes, she has this beauty that takes my breath away.

Fuck, her neck is so smooth, and all I can think about is gently kissing it, feeling her skin under my lips, savoring every moment.

Lately, my patience has been wearing thin. Just a few more days, and she’ll be mine for good. Then I won’t have to hold back. I’ll finally be able to touch her, kiss her, and love her the way I’ve always wanted to.

Riddhima, you are mine, in every sense. You are woven into the very fabric of my life. My love for you knows no limits, and I promise to cherish you forever.

★⋆. ࿐࿔

RIDDHIMA~

All last night, I kept trying to call Aarav, but he ignored every single one of my calls.

I sent him so many messages, telling him how important it was for us to talk, but he stayed silent. It felt like I was the only one who cared enough to reach out, while he acted like our relationship didn’t matter at all.

After trying everything, frustration took over. It was clear that I had to be more direct if I wanted any kind of response. I unlocked my phone and typed out a message to Aarav, letting him know we needed to talk about where we stood.

I even said I’d stop trying if that’s what he wanted, because it was obvious he didn’t care as much as I thought he did.

Five minutes later, my phone rang. Finally, I thought, he’s reaching out.

“What’s wrong with you? I told you I’m dealing with family problems. Why are you trying to guilt-trip me?”

His voice was sharp, filled with irritation.