5 - Oh?

"What?" she said

"What?" she said. "What did I do?"

"Rile me up," I replied, crawling on the bed. "Now take off that shirt."

She smiled then. "Or what?"

I reached for her, but she squeaked and rolled off the other side of the bed, immediately landing and darting straight for the bedroom door.

I was there within seconds, blocking her exit. "Now, I know you like being afraid. But going out from the room is off limits because there's a whole 'nother set of afraid out there called, my brother."

She made an impatient sound.

"Get back on the bed," I instructed.

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Make me."

My eyes flashed red, and I watched her eyes shade over with something less innocent.

She then darted toward the bathroom door, but I caught her arm and reeled her back.

She fell back on the bed, tumbling over before she hit the pillows covering the back wall.

As she gasped, I crawled back on the bed.

She gazed up at me, cheeks burning red.

"Soooo," I said then, smirking, "wanna kiss me?"

She then sat up—making me blink—but she crawled back over to me and set her cheek on my thigh, curling up against me.

I brushed my fingers through her hair. "Cuddle mood again?"

She let out a soft, cute sound, still curled against me.

"Why don't we take this cuddle mood to the shower?" I said, still soothing her hair away from her face. "I stink."

"You don't stink," her voice was calm, "so let's stay here."

I snickered a little. "Angel."

"Please...?"

I sighed. "No, we're going to shower. I can hold you in there."

She moved a little so her eyes locked on mine. "Are you cold, Sebby? Do you need a blanket?"

"I'm not cold," I promised, "but, yes... I really want to be under hot water right now."

"Are you aching?" she asked me.

I just sighed. "Yes, a little."

She sat up then. "Okay, Sebby. Let's go shower."

I couldn't help but smile when she pulled me back into her bathroom.

*****

It was almost twenty minutes later, and Skye curled up against me on the shower floor, sound asleep as the water padded lightly on our bare forms.