ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 33

Akshita's pov

I was sitting in a cafe reading my notes but I couldn't focus on it. My heart and brain where stuck somewhere else. I smiled at the waiter as he placed my order. I ate a bite of my chocolate pastry but the sweetness of it did nothing to ease my sour mood.

I have my prelims coming up in next week and here I am not able to study. I have studied for the exam but still I am scared for it. It was hard to cover the vast syallabus in such short time but I did it. I need to pass the exam anyhow. I have no choice left.

My eyes landed on a couple who were having ice cream together, laughing and cherishing the moment. Memories of the day when we shared our ice cream together flashed infornt of my eyes.

I miss him.

It's been three months since I have shifted to Niharika's place and as promised he didn't called me, messaged me and meet me. But he has been sending bouquet of white roses to me everyday with a note.

It took every ounce of me not to rush back to him and hug him close to my heart conveying that how much I missed him. Sighing I fished out my phone and dialled Ishan.

I am missing my little devar too.

He answered my calls after two with his usual cheerful voice.

"Hello bhabhi"

"Ishuuuu"

"Huh you didn't call me. Feels like you forgot your bhabhi" I remarked.

"No bhabhi I thought-----you wouldn't like if I call you" My smile dropped listening to his low voice.

"You can call me whenever you want Ishu. Equations between us will never change" I convinced.

"I miss you so much bhabhi" I pushed my phone away as he literally shouted.

Back to his cheerful mood.

"I miss you too. So how are you doing ?"

"I am good busy in my college, project and then spending time with bhaiya"

"Ohhh" my heart skipped a beat on the mention of his name.

"Though he doesn't spend much time at home but still whenever he comes I wander around him all time" his voice held hesitance.

"Acha great" I said eager to know more about him.

"Umm he is very sad these. Like I said he hardly stays at home and even if he does he stays in his zone. I try to talk to him and even irritate him but he doesn't react much. He misses you. He doesn't say it but it's visible in his eyes and face" sadness in his voice flickered something in my chest.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and heaved a sigh.

"How's Ma ?" I tried to change the topic.

"She misses you too. Her eyes are always stuck on the entrance door as if waiting for someone's arrival. Honestly without you these homes feel like just a building made of brick and concrete" And that was my last stroke I couldn't suppress my tears and the dam broke. I clamped my palm on my mouth to muffle my sob.