(15) AT INDRAPRASTHA

The journey from Hidimba's place ended near the palace of Indraprastha

The journey from Hidimba's place ended near the palace of Indraprastha. Subhadra was so surprised after discovering the destination where Arjun had brought her. Climbing down the horse, he helped her to do the same.

Nakul had invited wives of some royal personnel to welcome Subhadra. Subhadra found everyone was smiling at her, differently. Among those smiles, Nakul's mischievous smile was conveying more of the fact that her arrival had a difficult meaning to the people surrounded to her.

After the ritual was done Arjun led Subhadra inside to show her chamber to her.

"Parth, why did you bring me here?" Subhadra followed Arjun into a chamber with her curiosity as a companion.

"For saving you from the uncertain consequence of war," he replied, briefly.

"You had told that you were making first step of your strategy. That was why I didn't oppose you, but you brought me here instead!" her eyes widened, demanding an explanation from him.

"Ensuring your safety was the first step of my war strategy," his gaze was conveying his care for her.

"How come my safety is related to your strategy?" Each passing moment was making her confused since many questions were coming up in her mind.

"You will answer you later," with a meaningful smile, he tried to convince her for not asking any more questions.

"Wait! Why was everyone smiling at me weirdly?" An alert look acquired her face showing that it wouldn't be easy to divert her attention from that question.

"They were smiling at you, lovingly, but you found it weird. Really, you are a strangy," he found a quick excuse putting her interrogation to an end.

"I am sorry. I might be mistaken," her voice adopted a slower pitch since she had nothing else to ask.

"Have some rest. I will come to you later," conveying the last message of the conversation, he left from there.

In night Arjun came to Subhadra bringing dinner for her. He was astonished when he saw her sitting on bed, silently. Normally, she was the one who could sit idle without any activities. So, silence couldn't be an option for her.

He sat near her, and place his hand on her shoulder to make her realise his presence. When he took his hand off from her shoulder he noticed some unclear mark on her shoulder.

Suddenly, he remembered that the mark was caused by his hand accessories when he had placed hand on her shoulder while riding towards Indraprastha for balancing on the rough route. The realisation made him slightly blushed. After all, it was the first mark given to her by him.

Controlling that shade of smile, he offered her some bites of dinner.

"Aren't you angry with me?" Subhadra was pleasantly surprised seeing him smiling around her.

"Why would I be?" He asked.

"Do I need to say the reason?" She released a guilty sigh.

"Yes, you have to, because I don't have any such reason," his smile was dancing on his lips with so well moves.

"Tomorrow is the war, Parth!" she could believe him smiling amidst of seriousness.

"When you planned that then the outcome would be positive for me, for my family," he was sure that something good was on its way.

"Do you trust me this much?" She couldn't deny anymore that was planned by her, but she couldn't reveal the reason at that time.

"I love you too much to trust you this much," he held her hand creating a hard time for her to prevent herself from hugging him, tightly.

Not only war but also something worth was about to appear in the scenario of story.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏