VI

"We are dust and shadows"

~☆~☆~☆~☆~

VI

Ryuu was the first on his feet as he sprinted towards Ilaika throwing himself down on his knees beside him. When he saw that he was still breathing he let out the breath he didn't realize he had been holding.

"What the fuck was that?!" Eiran's voice barely registered to Ry, he was solely focused on Ilaika and how he had saved him from being flogged, the one lash he had been given had not broken skin and would simply leave a nasty bruise and ache for a few days.

They hadn't expected so many of them, they had been tricked, he had to give it to them it was a fairly good plan, sending out a smaller search group in case they ran into them to be able to surprise them and take them, and it had worked up till Ilaika had quite literally exploded with light and fire, it had burnt down everything in its pass except them.
They had been unharmed.

It was a sight they would never forget.

When Ilaika finally opened his eyes, he was met with the sight of three worrywarts hovering around him

"How come I'm the one lying in the bed, but Ryuu is the one covered in blood?" Ilaika's voice caused them to turn to face him. His voice was croaky, and it hurt his throat to speak.

"Oh, don't worry it isn't mine!" Ryuu said cheerily.

"And that is supposed to calm me how?" He just shrugged his shoulder before wandering over to an adjoining room Ilaika guessed was a washing chamber.
"Why am I here, and where exactly is here?" Ilaika said sitting up in the double bed he had been occupying.

"Well, it's a long story actually." Eiran replied scratching the back of his neck avoiding Ilaika's gaze.

"Where am I?" Ilaika grounded out.

"A border village named Malaki" Ry's voice came from the other room before he emerged now with slightly less blood on him. At this point all of his clothes probably has blood on them. "Okay, which realm?"