sixteen, sam's got a crush.

SIXTEEN 🗞️ ˎˊ˗
real life, imessage.

SIXTEEN 🗞️ ˎˊ˗real life, imessage

LACEY HIGH; NEW JERSEY.
━━━ MONDAY MORNING, 8AM.
MADISON OLIVIA WELLS.

"come on madison, pull up!" "i am pulling up asshole!" i exclaimed at ethan as we ran through our routine for the 5th time already today. i were already pissed i had to face him again after days of not practicing but i swore if he told me to pull up again, i was gonna pull up on his dumb face, ruining it.

"okay stop, you're supposed to push yourself up so i can lift you. what the hell, you've done this routine like nine thousand times maddie, what gives?" ethan exclaimed, his voice booming. "sorry i don't feel like letting someone that made me feel insecure about my body lift me up in the air." i snapped back, skating a few feet away from him before he skated after me.

"i said i was sorry maddie, what more do you want from me??" "if you were sorry, why would you say it in the first place?? you made me feel disgusting ethan! as if my body was something to be ashamed and embarrassed of when really, i should have been ashamed and embarrassed of dating you."

i skated off the rink, grabbing my skates off and placing them away, not looking up at ethan approaching me. "i know what i said was wrong okay. and i'm not even saying we should get back together or even be friends but can you at least look at me when we're performing? nationals is in a few months now and we really can't afford to let these issues get in the way of us winning."

i rolled my eyes at him, even though i knew he had a point. despite our differences, we would have to start placing them aside if we wanted any chance of winning this year. that didn't mean i wasn't going to fantasise about murdering him slowly though.

"fine." i answered simply, placing on my joggers before grabbing my bag, handing it on my arm as i pulled my hair into a quick ponytail. just as i were about to leave the skate rink, ethan suddenly called out to me.

"connor talk to you yet or no?"

my brows furrowed as i turned to him, an indifferent expression on his face. "why do you care?" i asked. "can't a guy wonder?" he shrugged.

i narrowed my eyes at him. "weirdo.." i muttered loudly enough for him to hear before leaving the rink to make my way to school with just 10 minutes to spare as i made my way to homeroom, my eyes scanning to an empty seat next to sam.

though when i'd approached him, he looked pretty nervous about something. he was playing with his key necklace, which was something he only ever did when he were nervous about something.

"you okay sam?" i nudged his arm softly, catching him off guard as i sat down. "o-oh! hey maddie.. how was skate practice?" he asked, playing against his fingers, avoiding the question.

"eh, same old. still wanted to murder ethan with my bare hands and yet he still walks freely but it was okay. how's your morning going?" i asked back. "hmm.." he hummed out, ruffling his hair and i furrowed my brows at him.