Chapter 59

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.

 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

Teegan's POV

Waking up slowly, I felt as though my head was absolutely pounding

Waking up slowly, I felt as though my head was absolutely pounding. As I gradually sat up, I looked around the room and noticed I was lying in my and Levi's room on the bed. The door opened slowly, and I looked to see Katie stepping in, holding a tray of food and a glass of water. As she watched me sit up, she quickly came over and placed the food on the bedside.

" Dr. Amante, you shouldn't get up so quickly, you need your rest. " She said sadly, and I shook my head.

" I-it's fine, Katie. I'm fine.. Where's Levi? " I asked, and she sat beside me on the bed.

" He's been out all morning. He left a note to let you sleep in and to bring you something to eat. Dr. Woods filled in for you at the clinic today, and Silas is taking a nap, " she informed me gently. I nodded as I reached over and took a sip of water.

Memories of last night filled my mind, and I had to physically force myself to hold in the vomit that threatened to surface out of repulsion from witnessing the death of my father-in-law. By the way Katie was acting, I was sure she was unaware of the gruesome events of last night.

My mind also recalled my older brother, who practically lay motionless in my arms, and a feeling of panic surged in my chest.

" Declan. Where's Declan? Is he okay? " I asked in a panic, wanting to run out of the room to find him. However, Katie stopped me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

" Your brother is in the hospital. Dr. Lombardi and Dr. Wyatt worked to stabilize him, and they took him to the emergency room for intensive care for his internal bleeding and broken bones. He's been out of surgery only for an hour or so, and they say he'll be waking up soon if there are no more complications. " She explained, and I let out a sigh of absolute relief as I placed my hand on my forehead, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.