thirteen, falling behind.

THIRTEEN 🗞️ ˎˊ˗
real life.

THIRTEEN 🗞️ ˎˊ˗real life

LACEY HIGH; NEW JERSEY.
━━━ FRIDAY AFTERNOON, 13:00PM.
CONNOR NOON.

"okay everyone. the day you've all been waiting for. presentation day!" mr laurier clapped his hands together at the same time the entire psychology class groaned out. "alright, alright you all knew this day was coming, i don't wanna hear it!" he beckoned for the class to keep quiet before going through the groups of who would be presenting first.

but right now, the project was the last thing on my mind. because madison were still ignoring me. ever since the car moment where she'd confessed that she still liked me but couldn't, she'd been ignoring me since. and it was driving me fucking insane!

all i wanted to do was tell her how much i loved her the same way back. how much i never stopped loving her, but how could i after she'd just told me she couldn't even bare the thought of liking me back without the possibility of heartbreak clouding her mind...

i felt my fists clench under the table. there were no one to blame other than fucking asshole ethan and trust that when i found him, he was gonna be getting more than just a broken nose this time round.

"okay... how about maddie's group go first?" i blinked over at our psychology teacher, who was beckoning us up to the front and i suddenly felt nervous. i didn't know how either me or madison were going to do this project with the others when she wouldn't so much as even look at me.

"so, what were some of the traits you found out about the other?" mr laurier had asked to start us off. "well, some of the things we found out about one another were that despite us being polar opposites, those things are made us bond together due to our personalities. like with sam and hayden, even though sam is an extrovert and loves animals, whereas hayden is more introverted and likes writing, the two have been friends since childhood." eloise had started us off.

and as brady, aurelia, sam and hayden continued on with their own findings on the other, i looked over at madison, who was still avoiding eye contact with me as it came to our turn, seeing as we were the only ones that didn't give our notes in yet.

"and connor and madison? what about you?" "uhh.." i began trailing off, stealing glances at madison, who simply tucked a hair strand behind her ear.

"well..with connor. he may seem like an ass..and behave like one.." i furrowed my brows at her insults as the class chuckled lowly. "what the fu-!?" i were about curse before she stopped with a single motion of her finger. "but! despite all that, he's still the most amazing, caring and sweetest guy there is. no matter who you were, you could depend on him for almost anything. it's the same with him and soccer when he's around his teammates. he makes sure everyone is included and always encourages them to do their bests. it's one of the things i love about him."